This policy enables the establishment of requirements and conditions relating to protecting the data and personal information of users of technical resources at the university.
All users of the technical resources of the university.
Building and developing e-systems that are fully integrated, internally and externally.
Automating all services and transactions.
Protecting the personal information of all members of the university community.
- Applying the highest levels of protection through encryption of data and using https (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure).
- Using the latest antivirus software, updating it regularly.
- Adopting strict procedures and appropriate measures to maintain security of information, and using technology to prevent fraud and unauthorized access to the university systems.
- Regular and periodic updating of protection procedures and controls, which meet or exceed the standard criteria.
- Continuous training of the portal staff to keep them abreast with the latest development in portal management.
- Boosting awareness of the portal users and visitors by providing them with detailed information on usage, confidentiality, privacy of information, etc., through the portal and its multiple accounts across different social networks.
All visitors and users of the website should keep informed of the terms and conditions that govern privacy and confidentiality of information in order to understand the mechanism of their updates. At the same time, the portal administration is not obliged to declare any amendments or changes related to these conditions or principles. By using the portal, the user is aware and accepts these conditions and principles, and any ongoing changes or amendments regularly made to them.
Operational Policies and Procedures:
Security of Personal Information:
- Information on privacy and confidentiality of information has been prepared to help visitors and users of the portal understand the nature of the data collected from them when they visit the website, and how such data is dealt with.
- The portal administration shall take appropriate actions and measures to securely maintain the personal information it has and to protect it against loss, unauthorized access, misuse, modification, or unlicensed disclosure.
Collection of Personal Information:
- Once a user visits the UQU portal, the UQU server will register their IP address, date and time of visit, and the URL of any website that refers the user to the UQU portal.
- Like most websites, once the user visits the portal, small files known as "Cookies" are placed on the visitor's hard drive. Cookies are text files that some sites store on the hard drive of the visitor's computer to facilitate the next visit on the same website and make the use and operation of its services easier. Cookies contain information that can be retrieved later by the site, when needed, during the next visit of the user. This saved information contains:
- Security code to identify the user on the system.
- Saved page settings (if available on the website).
- Stored information on the user type.
- Disabled multiple voting.
- Saved list of the services which the visitor has used.
Based on this, the UQU portal will use the information stored in the cookies for technical purposes related to it, when it is visited more than once. The portal can also change the information contained in the cookies, or add new information every time it is revisited.
- When the user sends an email through the UQU portal to provide their personal data, the portal may share necessary data with other entities or departments in order to deliver a more effective service. Personal data of users will not be shared with non-government entities, except where such entities are authorized by the competent authorities to perform specific governmental services. By submitting their personal data and information through the UQU portal, users fully agree to the storage, processing, and use of such data by the Saudi authorities. However, UQU reserves the right at all times to disclose any information to the competent authorities, when it is necessary to comply with any law, regulation, or governmental request.
- Users should acknowledge and agree that they are solely responsible for the completeness, integrity and validity of the data they send through this portal.
- To help protect users' personal information, it is recommended that they should follow these procedures:
- Contact the UQU portal immediately after suspecting someone has managed to obtain their password, user code, PIN, or other confidential information.
- Refrain from giving confidential information over the phone or internet, unless they know the identity of the person or the organization receiving the information.
- Use a secure browser when performing online transactions, close any applications not in use, and make sure that the antivirus software is always up to date.
- If there are any questions or opinions about the privacy principles, please contact the portal administration at the following e-mail address: [email protected].
- To keep personal data safe, electronic storage and transmitted personal data will be secured using the appropriate security technologies.
Sending Emails to UQU:
When a user sends a query, requests information about a specific product/service, or gives additional information using any means of communication (electronic or otherwise), such as submitting a query request to the university's website, the portal uses the user's email address to respond to their query. It is also possible to save the user's email address, message, and response for the purposes of quality control, and sometimes for legal and censorship purposes as well.