Since its inception, the University of Umm Al-Qura (UQU) website has put the confidentiality and privacy of its users and visitors on top of its priorities, and its administration makes every effort to provide valuable services for all its beneficiaries.
The Deanship of IT at UQU has applied not only the highest security measures known in the field of e-portals, but also it is regularly updating security measures and procedures. The following are the most important measures taken by the portal administration to protect personal information:
- Applying the highest levels of protection via encryption of data and https use (Secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol);
- Making use of the latest antivirus software and updating them regularly;
- Adopting strict actions and appropriate measures to maintain security of information and the technology used to ensure protection from fraud or unauthorized access to our systems;
- Regular and periodic update of procedures and protection controls, which meet or exceed the standards,
- Providing our staff with continual training so that they could learn about developments in the management of the e-portals;
- Boosting awareness of the portal users and visitors by providing them with detailed information on usage, confidentiality, privacy of information, etc. via the portal and its accounts in the different social networks.
All visitors and users of the website should be aware of the terms and conditions that govern privacy and confidentiality of information in order to understand the mechanism of their updates. However, the website administrators are not obliged to declare any amendments or changes related to these conditions or principles. By using the site, you accept all conditions and whatever changes or amendments that take place regularly.
Security of Personal Information
- This document of privacy and confidentiality of information has been prepared to help visitors and users of the website fully understand the nature of data collected when they visit the website and how such data is dealt with.
- The administrators of the site take all proper actions and measures to maintain confidentiality of personal information, and guarantee protecting such information from loss, unauthorized access, misuse, modification or disclosure.
Collection of Personal Information:
- Once a user visits UQU website, the UQU's server registers their IP address, date and time of visit, and the URL of any website refers the user to the UQU website.
Like most websites, once the user visits the portal, a small file is created on the user's hard drive (browser), and such files are known as "Cookies". These are text files that some sites place on the hard drive of the visitor's computer. Cookies contain information that would allow the site to retrieve it, when needed, during the next visit of the user and this saved information contains:
- Security code to identify the user on the system
- Saving page settings (if available on the website)
- Saving user type
- Disabling voting more than once by the same user
- Saving applications used by users
Based on that, the UQU website will use information stored in cookies for technical purposes and when it's visited more than once. It can also change the information contained within cookies, or add new information whenever you visit the website.
- If you send us an email on UQU website providing your personal data, we will share the necessary data with other bodies or departments, so as to serve you more effectively. We will not share your personal data with non-governmental actors unless they are authorized by the competent authorities to carry out specific government services. By submitting your personal information through UQU website, you fully agree to the storage, processing and use of such data by Saudi authorities. We reserve, at all times, the right to disclose any information to the competent authorities, when it is necessary to comply with any law, regulation or governmental request.
- You agree to be fully responsible for the validity and authenticity of the data you send through this portal.
Protecting Your Privacy
- To help you protect your personal information, we recommend the following:
- Contact us immediately when you think that someone managed to get your password, or use code, PIN, or any other confidential information.
- Do not give out confidential information over the phone or Internet, unless you know the identity of the person/organization receiving the information.
- Use a secure browser when dealing with online transactions; close any applications not used on the network; and make sure that the antivirus software is updated regularly.
- If you have any enquiries or feedback on the principles of privacy, you can contact the website's administrators via the following e-mail: [email protected].
- To keep your personal data safe, electronic storage and personal data sent will be secured, using the appropriate security technologies.
- This portal (website) may contain links to sites or portals that may use methods for protecting information and privacy that are different than ours. We are not responsible for the content, methods, or characteristics of such sites. We advise you to refer to the privacy notices of those sites.
Sending Emails to UQU:
When you inquire, request information about a specific product/ service, or give additional information using any means of communication (electronic or not), we use your email address to respond to your inquiry, and it is possible to save your e-mail address, your message, and our response for the purposes of quality control, and sometimes for legal and censorship purposes.