About the Unit
The Unit of Quality and Development in the two sections of the college was established in 1428 A.H., as part of the phases to establish a system and structure of quality at the level of Umm Al-Qura University. The unit is concerned with disseminating the culture of quality assurance among all the staff of the college. It also works to meet standards of quality and accreditation at the level of the college's programs by applying the proper practices needed to achieve program standards and to ensure continuous improvement of all components of the system, including: inputs, processes, and outputs based on regular assessment, reports, and recommendations in this regard.
To achieve performance excellence at the local and regional levels, with regard to the college's programs outputs, by applying the best practices of academic standards.
The continuous improvement of the college's quality assurance system and its educational programs to meet the requirements of the quality and academic accreditation, based on national and international academic standards; and to contribute to achieving the aims of the Saudi Vision 2030 for higher education.
- To promote and spread the culture of quality assurance and accreditation as well as the concepts of quality system management in the College through lectures, seminars, and training courses, in coordination with the Deanship of Academic Development and Quality.
- To train and qualify quality assurance members, in all departments, on quality assurance-related work.
- To support, follow up and guarantee the continuous flow of different activities of quality system and development in the college, according to the standards and needs of the quality assurance system in the university.
- Supervising the preparation and the implementation of the college’s strategic plan.
- Setting training requirements for the affiliates.
- Identifying challenges and problems facing the development of programs, and suggesting solutions for them.
- Preparing work forms (not available in the Deanship of Development), according to the good practices standards of the NCAAA.
- Implementing policies and objectives of the quality system approved by the university for the different functions and activities of the college.
- Preparing regular reports about the unit activity, and presenting them to the Deanship of the College and the Deanship of Academic Development and Quality.
- Contributing to the drafting of the basic documents of the quality assurance system (policies and procedures guidelines, etc), according to the requirements of the quality assurance system of the university.
- Recommendation on setting the necessary committees and teamwork to apply quality system in the college.
- Providing an integrated database on all quality works and activities in the college.
- Assessing the completion and archiving of the requirements of self-evaluation studies of the academic programs in the college.
- Assessing the completion and archiving of the requirements and documents about the quality in the programs and departments of the college.