The duties of the Committee are as follows:
- Preparation of safety and security guides and bylaws regarding all college facilities, and following up their accreditation by the specialized agencies.
- Checking the preparedness of the security and safety systems in the college using the special forms and equipment designed for that propose, and examining the system on the ground along with submitting periodic reports to the college administration for them to take any necessary measures.
- Determining the needs of the college in regard to ensuring the security and safety of the college staff, and constant monitoring of their provision.
- Preparation and implementation of security and safety training programs for all college staff.
- Coordinating with the competent authorities to promote awareness, and training the college personnel on security and safety procedures, as well as educating them about the preventive measures that should be applied.
- Following up the implementation of evacuation, security, and safety programs for addressing emergency cases at the college.
- Ensuring the application of safety conditions and rules to protect the academic staff while carrying out professional duties at the college.
- Undertaking other assignments, as required.