Umm Al-Qura University
College Advisory Committee
Duties of the Advisory Committee:
- Formulating and discussing new ideas and presenting them to the college council or the academic department to discuss methods of implementing them.
- Examining the difficulties and problems that may be encountered in the progress of work at the college, or academic department in general, and submitting them for discussion, and helping the college or the department to solve them.
- Considering the topics and projects entrusted to the Advisory Committee by the college or department, and seeking to develop a plan and mechanism for their implementation.
- Assisting in providing an independent evaluation of the outputs of the college or the educational program of the college, from the viewpoint of relevant graduates, in both the public and private sectors
- Representing the local community in expressing their views about the policy of admitting new students to the college and the academic program in a way that is in line with the geographic distribution of the Saudi Kingdom and the actual needs of the program.
- Working as a direct link between the college or the program and the country leaders and decision makers through direct relations, whenever possible, to convey a true image of the scientific and human potentials of the college or the academic program as well as the actual needs for development.
- Reviewing the educational and teaching programs developed in the college or academic program and assisting in them to inform the community about these programs and the extent of their impact on the community services. This helps promote confidence between graduate beneficiaries and those responsible for implementing the college educational programs.
- Contributing positively to remove obstacles in order to carry out the college plan or the academic field training program for students to achieve their goals along the various stages.
- Helping to evaluate the results of the agreements concluded between the college or the academic program from one side and the different community institutions from the other side, and also helping to overcome systematic and administrative obstacles, as far as possible, through direct personal interaction. This is in order to achieve the educational and research objectives and also contribute to the field of community service.