The student submits the suspension request for the ongoing semester through the electronic portal according to the time announced in the university calendar, according to the following guidelines: that 3 semesters maximum are suspended.
As regards Full year students:
- The semester following the suspended semester will also be automatically suspended.
- A student is entitled to suspend either two consecutive semesters or three scattered semesters.
- It is not permissible to suspend two consecutive years.
Concerning Morning Preparatory Year Students
- The student is to go to the Preparatory Year Deanship to submit the suspension request (The suspension is for two consecutive semesters).
- As regards the students of the Afternoon Rehabilitation Year or the Afternoon Preparatory Year: To submit the application to the Faculty of Community Service and Continuous Education Deanship.
- As regards diploma students, the application is to be submitted to the Community College in Makkah.
- New students are not allowed to suspend their first semester.
- The student gets grade W (withdrawal with an excuse) in all curricula of this semester.
- Students are entitled to suspend summer courses according to the times announced in the academic calendar of the summer course
- A student who suspended a semester is entitled to join the automatic transfer process (the GPA of the student’s last semester will be taken into account).
Note: The suspension is calculated in the regular period in the student’s plan with the exception of the summer course.
The student loses honors in case of suspending any semester