Field training is one of the courses of the study plans in which the students work for a full-time for a defined period of time in one of the public or private bodies which is suitable to their majors. This training enables students to acquire practical experience and gain outstanding professional standards.
Objectives of the Field Training
Objectives of field training are based mainly on the following:
- Giving students practical and training experience before graduation.
- Allowing students to have direct contact with the work environment and making them acquainted with the labor market.
- Supporting students' theoretical study through practical application, training, and writing reports.
- Training students to shoulder responsibility, adhere to deadlines, and respect regulations and laws.
- Training students to work within teams and deal well with others.
- Empowering private institutions to recognize students' skills and attract potential employees.
- Providing an opportunity to exchange experiences and open channels of cooperation between the university and training parties.
- Serving the community through student's participation in providing services to governmental and private institutions.
For more details, contact the field training coordinator:
Prof. Saud bin Humaid Al-Lehyani