Request for Change of Major:
Automatic transfer is fulfilling the requests of students by transferring them to the academic majors they wat in the university colleges within the regular transfer period, taking into consideration the student’s GPA, their requests and the capacity of each department.
- Students who wish to transfer to medical colleges are to pass the qualifying year for the medical field first
- Students who wish to transfer to scientific colleges are to pass the qualifying year for the scientific field first
- Students who wish to transfer to administrative colleges are to pass the qualifying year for the administrative field first
Transfer from a college/department to another college/department in the university
- Students are to pass at least one semester in their colleges, not including postponed or dropped semesters (Also not including the compulsory transfer of the preparatory year students or automatic major designation).
- Students are not to have been transferred before during their study at the university
- The remaining regular study time is sufficient to complete the graduation requirements. The regular study time is the study plan period + 50% and is calculated according to their previous major.
- Students who quit their studies, were academically expelled or who withdrew completely in the current semester are not allowed to transfer from one major to another
- Students who spend in their current major 4 semesters, excluding summer courses, are not entitled to transfer from one major to another.
- Students who want to transfer to the following medical colleges: medicine and surgery, applied medical sciences, nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, general hygiene and health informatics are to pass the preparatory year program for medical field successfully.
- Students who want to transfer to the following scientific colleges: Engineering and Islamic Architecture, computer sciences and information systems and applied sciences are to pass the preparatory year program for the scientific field successfully.
- Students who want to transfer to the following administrative colleges: Business and administration are to pass the preparatory year program for the administrative field successfully.
Students of the evening qualifying year or evening preparatory year are not entitled to submit an automatic transfer request between the departments and colleges of the university, but they have to finish the program successfully at the end of the school year so that they are automatically designated a major.
Students of the Preparatory Year:
If the student fails to pass the preparatory year program successfully, compulsory transfer is automatically applied to them and they are transferred only to colleges that do not apply a preparatory year program.
Evening preparatory Year:
If the student fails to pass the evening preparatory year program successfully (one of the programs offered by the Faculty of Community Service and Continuous Education) and have a GPA of 1.75 or more, compulsory transfer is automatically applied to them and they are transferred only to colleges that do not apply a preparatory year program
Mechanism of Automatic transfer:
- Requests (automatic transfer) are entered during the transfer period (week 12) of the semester through the UQU website (My Services – Changing Major – Automatic Transfer Requests).
- Requests are made available based on the academic status of the student.
- The criteria in the automatic evaluation is based on the student’s GPA, the capacity of the department and the request of the student.
- The automatic transfer will be done automatically through the UQU website (My Services - Automatic Transfer Requests).
- Students are not required to visit the Admission and Registration Deanship to submit automatic transfer requests
- Students are notified through an SMS or UQU website (My Services – Private Messages) in the major transferred to after the end of the first semester and the end of the second semester.