Visiting student is the one who studies some courses at some other university or at a branch of the the university where they belong without being transferred.
Outside the University Visiting Student:
- Student must obtain the approvals of the department where they belong at Umm Al-Qura University
- Student must obtain the approval of the department teaching the equivalent course at the university where the student would like to study. This is conditioned that the course description the student due to study outside the university matches with its equivalent within the university where they belong.
- Student is not allowed to study for more than %20 of the graduation requirement units at the Umm Al-Qura University; and student bears the consequences when proven otherwise.
- Student is not allowed to exceed their credit hours according to their academic rate
- Student must pass the course requirements according to their study plan
- The course the student due to study must be equal or exceeding in terms of the number of its units to the number of the study units to the equivalent course in the student’s study plan.
- Student is delivered an official letter from the Admission and Enrolment Deanship outlining the courses the student can study, and determining the university in which the student would like to study
- After the end of the semester, student submits the original of the course results they studied to the Admission and Enrollment Deanship within two weeks of the beginning of the semester following their study as visiting student
- The courses in which student obtained %60 or more are equated
- Any student’s external equation result is monitored during the semester during which the subject us registered; and they are excluded from the student’s cumulative rate.
Within-University Visiting Student
- Student must obtain consent from the university where they belong, detailing the courses the student due to study; and they have equivalent in the student’s study plan.
- Student must fill course adding form for each course within the university, and obtain the consent of the department reaching the course ( in case the division is closed)
- Student visits the enrolment coordinator of the Admission and Enrolment Deanship to take out the university number and register and release the timetable
- After the end of the semester, student visits the Admission and Enrolment Deanship to receive the original of result record to be delivered to the university where they study.