Detailed Serial Steps for Warehouse Transactions
First: Item Warehouse Supply Process
- The supply process goes according to what the competent authority notifies about the financial appropriations allotted to that effect
- Detailed information is prepared about the items requested for supplying the warehouses with and their specifications, amounts and estimated values within the ceiling of the sums allotted. Then, the data are submitted to the competent authority to approve the securing, and referring them to the Procurement and Tenders Department to get the securing procedures completed
- Offers coming from the Procurement and Tenders Department are analyzed, then the suitable ones are chosen in line with the samples and catalogues sent by the importing entities, and related minutes are made. Finally, the whole transaction is brought back to the Procurement and Tenders Department to approve the securing of the requested items.
Second: Coming Object Reception Process
- When the items imported for supplying the warehouses arrive, they temporarily received; and a model no 3 temporary receipt notice o made to that effect
- The imported items are displayed to the Evaluation Committee to get them conformed to the documents supporting the supplying process, then an approval minute is made for the items in conformity with the item specifications after replacing the objects that are not in line with specifications or are damaged , if any.
- Official item receipt takes effect by preparing model no 2 receipt report in conformity with the supplying documents in terms of bills, appropriation payment claims and photocopies of the authorization letters
- The imported items together with a version of the model no 2 receipt report are delivered to the related warehouse keepers to get them stored in the places designated for them
- The whole transaction together with the originals of the model no 2 receipt report is referred to the Procurement and Tender Department to finalize the procedures of disbursing the dues to the imported entities, in addition to handing out the model no 2 receipt report according to the laws and regulations
- The Warehouses Department redeem the model no 3 receipt report bags to all the entities at the University in order for these entities to prepare these minutes to receive the objects meant to be used immediately. And, when these entities receive long-lived objects the evaluation team of the Procurement and Tender Department examine if they are conformed to specifications, and they also receive versions of the warehouse receipt report. A minute is prepared to that effect. Finally, the whole transaction together with the receipt and evaluation minutes are referred to the Procurement and Tender Department if the supplying is processed by authorization letter, or to the Financial Department if the supplying is made by cash in advance payment voucher.
Third: Object Redeeming Process for the Requesting Entity
- The Warehouse Department receives the requests of the entities ordering office furniture and devices supported by redemption approvals of the competent authority at the University
- After taking this procedure, the Warehouses Department notifies the requesting entities about the requested available items in terms of office furniture and devices, and pinpointing the amounts that can be redeemed in agreement with the need of the requesting entity and the other entities’ needs at the university, and equally in consistent with the available stock
- The Warehouse Department redeem the objects in terms of the office furniture and devices by model no 7 material redemption order, prepared by the beneficiary and including all the data and signatures. Such a minute is delivered by their representative within no less than 15 days of the notification date, accompanied by a means of transportation
- The Warehouse Department receives all the entities’ request at the University in terms of stationery by model no 7 material redemption order including only all the data and signatures. Redeeming immediately takes place when the request is delivered by the entity’s representative and after securing a means of transportation and within the ceiling of the amounts to redeemed according to the procedures referred to in paragraph 2
- The Warehouse Department receives the model no 7 material redemption order coming from the entity in charge of maintaining facilities and cars including all the data and signatures. Redeeming immediately takes place when the order is delivered by only the entity’s representative and after securing a means of transportation
- The Warehouse Department hands out versions of the model no 7 material order to the related entities according to the laws and regulations
Fourth: Object Returning Process to the Warehouses
- The Warehouse Department receives the returns delivery order from all the entities including detailed data about the returns items, their amounts and returning reasons
- The Warehouse Department notifies the returning entities about the possibility of receiving the objects due to be returned or not based upon the availability of the appropriate storage spaces
- The Warehouse Department receives the returns according to the paragraph 2, and prepares a model no 9 returns minute to that effect. And, such a report is handed out to the related entities according to laws
- The Warehouse Department present the model no 9 returns minute to the ad hoc Evaluation Committee to decide upon the returns according to recommendations in term of adding them to the warehouse stock if these items are new or usable. Or, they can be fixed or got scrapped by selling or damaging. Then, the approval of the competent authority is obtained for putting the recommendations of the Committee into effect. The mechanisms of implementing the above-mentioned recommendations go as following:
Returns Fixing Process
- After the competent authority has approved the recommendations of the Returns Evaluation Committee upon fixing some of the objects which the benefit of its re-using outweighs the costs of fixing. The Warehouse Department redeems these objects by model no 10 returns redemption document. Its original and versions are distributed according to article 19 of the laws and procedures of the governmental houses.
- After the Fixing completion notice has come, the Warehouses Department examines the objects. And, the Department makes a model no 3 reception minute to place them in the designated warehouse. The original and copies of the minute are distributed according to article 19 of the laws and procedures of the governmental warehouses.
Returns Selling Process
- The Warehouse Department pinpoints the returns storage after taking away the amounts that have been fixed, and the usable amounts that have been redeemed for the requesting entities within the University.
- The Warehouse Department sends a circular t all the governmental entities and vocational training centers in the region signed by the competent authority to notify them about the availability of the returns and ask for their notifying if they are in short of any items according to article 20 of the laws and procedures of the governmental warehouses.
- The Warehouses Department prepares correspondences beating the signature of the competent authority to the Ministry of Finance to obtain the approval of giving away the returns to the entities which the region needs. The objects are redeemed to these entities by model no 7 material redemption order after the approval is obtained. The model versions are disturbed according to the laws and regulations.
- The Warehouses Department submits the returns stock to be sold to the Valuation Committee to set estimated values for the returns sale prices, and making the related minutes to that effect
- The Warehouses Department submits the returns stock to be sold together with the data and minutes of the Valuation Committee to the head of the Sale Committee to finalize the sale process through a public bidding with the attendance of the Committee’s members and head of the sales division and related parties; then the relevant minutes are made to that effect
- The Warehouses Department prepares a model no. 10 returns redemption document to deliver the sold objects to the awardee, and the copies of the redemption document are distributed according to the laws and regulations
- In the event that the returns to be sold are cars and equipment, the Warehouse Department completes the previously-mentioned procedures in addition to taking out the following documents to be submitted to the Makkah Traffic Department :
- A letter of instructions from the head of the Sale Committee to the Traffic Department director demanding the procedures of property transferring is are finalized; and the letter includes the buyer’s civil registry number and the commercial registry number of the vehicle buyer according to the Traffic Department rules
- Acknowledgment by the University removing its emblem from the sold vehicle
- Original of the ownership contract of the sold vehicle
- Accredited version of the model no. 10 returns redemption document
- Accredited version of the sales minute attached to the redemption document which involves a detailed data about the sold vehicle
Returns Damaging Process
- After the competent authority has approved the recommendations of the Returns Examination Committee upon damaging some objects for its being useless, the Warehouses Department prepares a report about these objects, and then submit it to the competent authority to obtain the approval of the Ministry of Finance for damaging
- After a designated committee has supervised the damaging process upon the approval of the Ministry of Finance, and has made the damage finalization minute, the Warehouses Department prepares a model no. 10 returns redemption document detailing the damaged objects, then copies of the document and minute are distributed to the relevant entities according to the applicable laws
Fifth: Process of Delivering and Redeeming Items as Donations
- When the University receives items as donations, or when the University secures items from the cash donations; and after the University Council decides upon accepting these donations and referring all the transaction documents, then the Warehouses Department present these objects to the Examination Committee; and a receipt note is made if delivered to the relevant warehouse keeper, or receipt record of delivered to the entity benefiting from the donation
- The Warehouse Department sends the original of the receipt record to the Inventory Control Unit, and the remainder of the copies are distributed according to what article 9 of the laws and procedures of the governmental warehouses provides
- The Warehouses Department redeems and delivers the donated objects in conformity to the University’s competent authority; by model no 7 material redemption order distributed according to the articles 11 and 12 of the laws and procedures of the governmental warehouses provide
Sixth: Item Loss or Damage Process
- The relevant warehouse keeper notify the Warehouses Department director or their deputy about the loss or damage took place at the warehouse, then this is reported to the competent authority for taking the necessary procedures, and present their results to the Ministry of Finance for approving the proper procedures
- When the approved, appropriate procedures are met, the Warehouses Department drops the lost or damaged items from the warehouse keeper’s trust in the item cards and item control cards according to the supporting loss or damage documents and keeping them as identity papers
Seventh: Obsolete or Accumulated Items Counting and Redeeming Process
- The Warehouses Department cooperates with the Inventory Control Department in counting the obsolete and accumulated item through matching the model no 4 item card of the Warehouses Department to the model no 5 item control of the Inventory Control Department, which submit the data and recommendations related to these items to the relevant financial body to decide whether they are to be sold or damaged
- After the approval of the competent authority is secured in terms of getting rid of these items either by selling or damaging , the Warehouse Department proceeds with the necessary procedures for either process as shown on this manual; and the obsolete or accumulative items are redeemed by model no 7 material redemption order
Eighth: Inventory Process with all its Types Included:
The Warehouses Department performs the following tasks for assisting the Inventory Committee:
- Providing the inventory committees with the titles of the items available in warehouses, and the nature of their redeeming units to record them with model no 11 inventory forms
- Assisting the inventory committees in counting the amounts of the objects available in the warehouses on real ground to record them in the inventory forms
- Providing the inventory committees with the documented stock recorded in the item cards to register them in the inventory forms