The Vice Deanship for Technical Affairs manages the equipment and software of the university's networks and technical infrastructure; in addition to running all kinds of operating systems and servers, and implementing the university's information security policies. Also, it ensures the implementation of the deanship's strategic plan related to the field of maintenance and technical support in accordance with the operational plan set by the Deanship. The Vice Deanship has departments that work in a coherent, parallel and integrated manner to carry out its operational plan, in cooperation with the rest of departments, to attain the operational plan objectives of the Vice Deanship, as illustrated in figure 3.
The Vice Deanship consists of 5 departments as follows:
- The Vice Deanship Secretariat
- Operating Systems Department
- Networks and Infrastructure Department
- Information Security Department
- Maintenance and Technical Support Department
The Vice Deanship for Technical Affairs strives to achieve a set of objectives. Following are the most important objectives:
- Supporting the infrastructure, including networks and programs to provide advanced e-services to all the university's departments.
- Developing the infrastructure, including networks and programs to provide instant, safe and quality services to all the university's departments in line with the national and international standards.
- Developing plans and policies for infrastructure services department to increase performance on service delivery and information security.
- Developing plans and policies to increase the efficiency of the infrastructure workers in line with national and international standards.
- Developing plans and policies to assess the performance for the purpose of developing the work methods and applying the e-governance in all the university's departments..
The secretary facilitates and manages the tasks of the Vice Deanship Secretariat, and works under the direct supervision of the female vice dean. She receives auditors, from the faculty members, employees, female students and representatives of companies as well as government and private entities.
Many of the administrative tasks are assigned to the secretary, they are as follows:
- Receiving transactions and letters sent to the vice dean and explaining them according to the instructions.
- Preparing letters, circulars, administrative decisions and announcements according to the vice dean’s directives and instructions.
- Organizing and archiving files, transactions and correspondence of the office to ensure its current and future use.
- Organizing the vice dean’s meetings, coordinating among members, issuing invitations and following up the preparation of the minutes of meetings.
- Providing notes, suggestions and scenarios for the development of work methods in the Vice Deanship in general and the Vice Deanship Secretariat in particular.
- Participating in temporary and permanent committees in the Vice Deanship, as required.