The Vice Deanship for Projects and Development prepares studies, consultancies and researches that aim at the development, enhancement, excellence and integration of the deanships work on the levels of infrastructure, human resource and management. The outputs of the studies, consultancies and researches are being translated into development projects that are being implemented by the deanship by its specialists or by private companies as per the regulating procedures. Additionally, the Vice Deanship studies, prepares and implements the projects that achieve the objectives of the strategic plan of the deanship and university.
The Vice Deanship also cooperates in setting the strategic and executive or operative plans and general policies that are related to the development and quality of the deanship, in addition to preparing and developing the measurement tools of the performance evaluation operations in the deanship. It consists of a secretary and three departments that work integrally to implement the strategic plans of the deanship and operative plan of the vice deanship. They are as follows:
- The Vice Deanship Secretary.
- Research and Development Department.
- Planning and Quality Department.
- Projects Department.
Figure 4: Organizational structure of the Vice Deanship for Projects and Development
Vice Deanship’s Objectives
The Vice Deanship for Projects and Development aspires to achieving a number of objectives, including the following:
- Implementing the projects that achieve the objectives of the strategic plan of the deanship and university.
- Reducing the time and cost of implementing the projects of infrastructure development, systems and human and operational capacities, and service management.
- Spreading the concepts of researches and development, and training the affiliates of the deanship on the adopted methodologies and used tools.
- Supporting the modern methodologies with the development works, resources management, technological systems and technological services management operations.
- Finding a communication environment and spreading the mutual concepts of the works of the deanship and university in the field of technology.
- Developing the human capacities of the deanship through integrated and developed concepts for the works, projects and change management.
The Vice Deanship Secretary
The Secretary Supervisor manages the secretarial duties of the Vice Deanship and works under the direct supervision of the Vice Dean. He/she is responsible for receiving the reviewers from the teaching staff members, employees, students, companies’ representatives, and governmental and private external bodies. The Secretary Supervisor has a lot of administrative duties, which are summarized as follows:
- Receiving the transactions and letters sent to the Vice Dean and explaining them as per the instructions.
- Preparing the letters, circulars, administrative decisions and announcements according to the Vice Dean’s instructions and directives.
- Organizing and archiving the files, transactions and special correspondences in the office to ensure that they are well utilized currently and in the future.
- Organizing the Vice Dean’s meetings, coordinating between the members, sending invitations and following up on the preparation of the meetings’ minutes.
- Providing notes, suggestions and perceptions for developing work inside the Vice Deanship in general and the Vice Deanship’s Secretary in particular.
- Participating in the temporary and permanent committees inside the Vice Deanship as deemed necessary.