The Vice Deanship performs and follows up the administrative and financial tasks, as well as the supporting tasks to improve the human capacities and develop the administrative work in the deanship. It is also entrusted with following up the budget as well as periodic and annual financial reports preparation; in addition to the orders and the administrative and financial requirements related to the deanship staff according the established procedures. Additionally, the Vice Deanship is responsible for studying and preparing proposals for the continuing and specialized training programs, and following up the proformance, evaluation and adjustment processes. The Vice Deanship consists of a group of departments that work in an integrated manner to carry out its operational plans, in cooperation with the rest of departments, to attain the deanship's strategic plan objectives. It includes the following departments:
- The Vice Deanship Secretariat
- Administrative and Financial Affairs Department
- Continuing and Specialized Training Department
- Public Relations and Media Department
- Monitoring and Follow-up Department
The Vice Deanship strives to achieve a set of objectives. Following are the most important objectives:
- Organizing the administrative work and carrying out the supporting tasks efficiently, professionally and transparently.
- Developing capacities of the deanship staff through integrated and sophisticated concepts as well as locally and internationally-accredited training.
- Providing a work environment appropriate to all the deanship staff.
- Creating a suitable environment for communicating and spreading the concepts of teamwork to make the work of the deanship more useful and effective.
The secretary facilitates and manages the tasks of the Vice Deanship Secretariat, and works under the direct supervision of the vice dean. He receives auditors, from the faculty members, employees, students and representatives of companies as well as government and private entities. Many of the administrative tasks are assigned to the secretary, they are as follows:
- Receiving transactions and letters sent to the vice dean and explaining them according to the instructions.
- Preparing letters, circulars, administrative decisions and announcements according to the vice dean’s directives and instructions.
- Organizing and archiving files, transactions and correspondence of the office to ensure its current and future use.
- Organizing the vice dean’s meetings, coordinating among members, issuing invitations and following up the preparation of the minutes of meetings.
- Providing notes, suggestions and scenarios for the development of work methods in the Vice Deanship in general and the Vice Deanship Secretariat in particular.
- Participating in temporary and permanent committees in the Vice Deanship, as required.