Why the College of Medicine at Umm Al-Qura University?
The College of Medicine at Umm Al-Qura University offers the latest accredited curricula for the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) program, to attain scientific excellence. It also adopts pioneering research in the field of health, which helps boost the national economy of Saudi Arabia. The main advantages of studying at the UQU College of Medicine can be summarized as follows:
Academic Plan and Curricula:
- The UQU College of Medicine adopts the latest accredited curricula for the MBBS program, developed in collaboration with the University of London (UCL).
- The MBBS program offered by the UQU College of Medicine ensures that students acquire the needed clinical skills early on in their first years of study. It enables future doctors to train at the Clinical Skills and Simulation Center at the College and hospitals starting from the second year.
- The education process in the MBBS program is based on medical evidence and productive discussions on various medical conditions, for the education process to be closer to the medical reality.
- Furthermore, it adopts the latest student-centered teaching methods that enable future doctors to develop learning skills, seek information, and discuss medical conditions in study groups, thereby making the learning process more productive and the information better entrenched in the student's mind.
- The program also ensures that doctors acquire the necessary research skills on which the development of the medical community, the needs of patients, and community service depend.
- A distinct feature of the UQU College of Medicine compared to other colleges around the world is the fact that it is based in the Holy Capital of Makkah Al-Mukarramah.
- The UQU College of Medicine is honored to serve the pilgrims flocking to the Sacred Sites to perform Hajj and Umrah. Therefore, the college was keen to teach a Hajj and Umrah curriculum, which is concerned with the health of Hajj and Umrah pilgrims.
- Moreover, the MBBS program enables future doctors to volunteer at health centers at the Sacred Sites, and provide first aid services every year. This helps them acquire several skills related to the provision of first aid and emergencies, opens up broad horizons for them to practice the acquired medical skills, and gives them an excellent and unique experience in mass gathering medicine.