Based on the Saudi Vision 2030, and guided by the interest in developing the educational process and improving the outcomes of higher education, Umm Al-Qura University has paid great attention to quality and development, in totality. Therefore, the Vice Deanship for Quality and Development at the College of Medicine actively cooperates with the UQU Deanship for Quality and Development, implementing the university policies to develop curricula and ensure the quality of college outcomes, and doing all that is necessary to improve and develop the college and all its services.
The Vice Deanship for Development and Entrepreneurship relies on a unified team spirit to cooperate in applying the foundations of quality. This will be of benefit to the college, its employees, and its students, and will reflect positively on the quality of education and learning outcomes. We supplicate Allah for future successes.
Duties of the Vice Deanship
- Spreading a culture of academic accreditation and educational quality assurance at the level of the academic units, support deanships, and public administrations.
- Working on building an integrated system for the internal institutional and programmatic evaluation of the college, in accordance with the requirements of the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment.
- Supervising the college activities related to quality assurance as well as national and international academic accreditation.
- Coordinating internally between other vice deanships and academic departments in the field of quality assurance and academic accreditation.
- Emphasizing the quality of teaching and learning in order for the students to achieve educational goals, in accordance with the requirements of the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment and the framework of national qualifications in the Saudi Kingdom.
- Building the capabilities of faculty members and college staff in the areas of quality assurance, academic accreditation, measurement, evaluation, and strategic planning.
- Coordinating and supervising the community service programs.
- Coordinating and supervising the entrepreneurship programs.
The College Vice Dean for Development and Entrepreneurship
Dr. Ahmad bin Hassan Mufti