Al-Zaidi Chair of Research in Rheumatic Diseases at the College of Medicine at Umm Al-Qura University announces a package of events under the umbrella of the 10th Scientific Forum on 'Practical Skills for Rheumatology', which will be held from 24–25 January 2020, at the Makkah Chamber of Commerce. The package includes the following:
1. The 10th Forum on Practical Skills for Rheumatology*, which will be held, Allah willing, on Friday, January 24, 2020, in the Makkah Chamber of Commerce. The forum will include interactive lectures explaining the basics of rheumatology, and a simple explanation of methods for diagnosing and treating rheumatic diseases. This is in addition to training workshops on joint examination skills.
Forum registration link: click here.
2. The Rheumatology Research Academy*, through which the scientific chair seeks to form research groups working on codified projects, with the chair's team following up the development of the research work until it is published.
Target Group: Rheumatic disease consultants, rheumatology fellowship trainees, internal medicine fellowship trainees and family medicine fellowships, doctors in primary healthcare centers, internship doctors, and sudents of medical colleges.
Academy registration link: click here.
3. A seminar entitled: "Training in Rheumatology: Between Reality and Aspirations"*, which will be held on the second day of the forum (Saturday, January 25) in the presence of a group of rheumatic disease consultants interested in training on rheumatology in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in addition to trainees in rheumatic fellowships.
4. The Health Educational Exhibition accompanying the forum*, which aims to enhance public health among people by focusing on the most important health behaviors related to daily lifestyles. The opportunity for participation is available to students of the colleges of medicine, nursing, laboratories, pharmacy, physiotherapy, radiology, and dentistry.
The type of educational material will vary according to the desire of the participants (scientific posters, videos,. etc.), as a space inside the exhibition will be provided for each participant.
Link to participate in the exhibition: click here.
5. The Basics of Internal Medicine, which will be held, Allah willing, on Saturday, January 25, in the Makkah Chamber of Commerce. The course targets internal medicine fellowships and franchisees, as well as medical students in the clinical years.
Link to register in the Internal Medicine course: click here.