This unit reports to the Vice-Dean and the female Vice-Dean. Its responsibilities are to assure quality and accreditation by deciding the general policy required for quality assurance, assessing performance in all academic and administrative units, promoting the culture of quality and continuing improvement of the quality level, and reinforcing the rank of the University among other higher education institutions.
- Set the general policy required for quality assurance, assessing performance in all academic and administrative units in accordance with the requirements of the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment.
- Promote the culture of quality in cooperation with higher commissions of accreditation, academic units and supporting deanships throughout the University environment and at the local community.
- Support the continuing improvement plans in cooperation with higher commissions of accreditation in order to ensure that quality tops the priorities at the University.
- Provide necessary support in the field of quality systems for academic units and supporting deanships at the University.
- Make sure that the academic units and supporting deanships are using models, indicators and guides provided by the National Commission for Assessment and Accreditation in the activities of quality assurance.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions necessary for improving quality level of the outcomes of the academic units and supporting deanships.
- Take part in raising the efficiency of utilizing the human and financial resources at the University through continuing follow-up and assessment.
- Reinforce the University's competitive capabilities among other higher education institutions.
- Coordinate with the Deanship's Training Unit to set training programs relating to quality assurance and continuing improvement within the framework of the training plan set by the Training Unit.
- Set the annual executive plan of the Unit and submit it to the Deanship for approval.
- Implement the Unit's annual executive plan upon getting the Deanship's approval for it.