This unit directly reports to the Vice-Dean and the female Vice-Dean for Quality Assurance and Accreditation. Its responsibilities are to set the general policy of academic accreditation and gain the Saudi and the international community's trust and recognition of the University outcomes and provide technical support for academic units and supporting deanships.
- Set the policy of the University's academic accreditation.
- Gain the Saudi and the international community's trust and recognition of Umm Al-Qura University’s outcomes.
- Encourage and direct the academic departments and colleges to apply for the national and international academic accreditation.
- Provide technical support for academic units and supporting deanships to fulfill requirements of the national and international accreditation agencies.
- Internally examine all academic units and supporting deanships at the University.
- Execute cooperation agreement with quality assurance and accreditation organizations at the national, regional and international levels with a view to exchange experience in the field of academic accreditation.
- Support the University's efforts aimed at fulfilling requirements of the institutional accreditation issued by the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment (NCAAA).
- Prepare the University's self-study reports for applying for institutional accreditation.
- Review self-study reports of the programs applying for programs accreditation system.
- Follow up the activities of national and international academic accreditation of the University.
- Set the annual executive plan of the unit in coordination with the Strategic Planning Unit and submit such plan to the Deanship for approval.
- Implement the Unit's annual executive plan upon getting the Deanship's approval for it.