The Department of Academic Affairs is the student's gate to academic life. It is responsible for undertaking all the academic transactions for the student throughout their university years. Student is entitled to benefit from these services available to them by virtue of the Undergraduate Study and Exams Bylaw.
To be a pioneer in providing the best academic support to beneficiaries.
- Reinstatement of students in case of absence, total withdrawal, delisting, or academic expulsion;
- Proceeding with procedures of withdrawal from one semester as per UQU Bylaw;
- Carrying out request of study postponement;
- Specialization auto-change among colleges, departments, and branches of UQU (in Makkah, Al-Leith, Al-Qunfudah, Adham);
- Proceeding with total withdrawal procedures;
- Changing study status (regular or affiliated);
- Updating student personal data;
- Auto-specialization of Preparatory Year students (for medical studies, scientific studies, and administrative studies);
- Auto-specialization of Preparatory Year students – Evening hours (scientific studies, administrative studies);
- Auto-specialization of Preparatory Year students – Evening hours (theoretical studies);
- Obligatory transfer of preparatory year students (failed to pass the program)
- Dropping extra-courses (not listed in the approved study plan) for transferred students
- Auto-specialization of students applying to the sequential education preparation program (for colleges participating in the program in the different branches);
- Proceeding with procedures of withdrawal from sequential education preparation program;
- Executing disciplinary actions issued by the disciplinary committee of the Deanship of Students Affairs;
- Suspending student services and procedures.
- Promoting students’ awareness of the university’s academic regulations;
- Developing academic services provided for students, as well as the ways and means of delivering them;
- Improving administrative and regulatory aspects of the department according to quality standards;
- Developing procedures related to academic affairs in a manner that serves the work progress and students alike.
Head of academic affairs
Mr. Mahir Ismail Baqer
First deputy head of academic affairs
Mr. Abdullah Tariq Baghlaf
Second deputy head of academic affairs
Mr. Osama Al-Qasim