The Vice-deanship for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research at the College of Public Health and Health Informatics is considered a real measurement for the progress achieved in various fields of public health. These fields are targeted to be uplifted by the College strategies through the support of the scientific research for the students and the staff members, overcome the difficulties faced by researchers in their hard work to reach innovative advanced research results that contribute to the renaissance of public health and health informatics at the local and global levels and follow up the scholarships of the colleges affiliates so as to overcome the difficulties they face during their scholarship journey.
Provide research and academic environment for all the college staff members and their equivalents in the field of public health and health informatics according to local and international standards.
Provide quality disciplines for students on scholarships and a good environment for scientific research that is in line with the research interests of the College in all areas of public health to serve the community through the full coordination with the different departments of the college.
- Guide and provide the necessary services to help teaching instructors and lecturers and following them up before, during and after the scholarship.
- Encourage the College's staff members to actively participate in the scientific local and international seminars and conferences in the context of the College's scientific interests.
- Contribute to the publishing of supported researches in specialized scientific journals locally and globally along with encouraging researchers to publish in the best international scientific journals.
- Support and uplift the scientific research, projects and research groups at the College, and provide an excellent research environment help in the development of innovation and creativity skills.
- Achieve an advanced scientific and global place in the field of public health and health informatics.
The Vice-dean tasks:
- Follow-up the scholarship procedures the the College employees of scholarships through full coordination with the academic departments in the College.
- Constantly communicate with the scholars during the scholarship period, and effectively contribute to solve the problems facing them.
- Provide departments of the College with the required academic and administrative regulations, identified by the Vice-deanship for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research, through the forms and e-mail.
- Ensure that all researches issued by the College are in line with conditions identified by the Ethics Committee of the Medical Research.
- Publish all researches issued by the College in research periodicals in line with the conditions of the Vice-deanship for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research.
- Enhance the cooperation between the College of Public Health and Health Informatics and all medical colleges and the University in all aspects related to the staff members and their research achievements.
- Supervise the scientific conferences, specialized seminars, workshops, public meetings and follow-up communication with the College departments regarding these activities.
- Coordinate and follow-up the student researches at the College.
- Scientific promotions requests.
- sabbatical leave requests.
- Work on the adaptation of the scientific research fields for the sake of community service.
- Open scientific channels with the research entities inside the KSA, and build international research partnerships from outside the KSA.
- Coordinate and arrange to open up new prospects for the college such as the Graduate Studies.
- Establish a database unit at the College to be related to the research projects (University finance, external finance), research reports and articles published in local and international periodicals of the departments, in order to measure the progress and encouragement of scientific research at the College.
The Vice-deanship Units and Committees:
- The Committee of Scientific Research Strategies.
- The Committee of Scientific Research Ethics.