The Vice Deanship for Educational Affairs is one of the vice deanships of the College of Public Health and Health Informatics. It is responsible for all issues and activities relating to the Faculty's educational process including students' studies and exams. It guides, directs and advises students of both sexes. It follows up students' academic achievement. It plans and supervises the extracurricular activities of students of both sexes.
To attain leading and distinguished performance in fulfilling all students' academic needs with a sense of originality, modernity and intimacy.
The Faculty of Public Health and Health Informatics' Vice Deanship for Educational Affairs creates the appropriate environment necessary for academic achievement and training with a view to invest time in building the personality of male and female students inside and outside the University. It also aims to enable students to acquire cognitive and life skills beneficial for them and their community.
• Qualify a generation capable of serving their religion and country and advance them in all aspects.
• Overcome all obstacles that hinder the academic process and provide all educational facilities and opportunities for students.
• Take care of students of both sexes and advance them to play an effective role in their community.
• Provide moral, financial and technical support for students of both sexes.
• Develop skills and professional and moral aspects of students of both sexes.
Vice Dean's Responsibilities:
• Supervise enforcement of bylaws and executive regulations of the undergraduates' studies and exams.
• Supervise the units and committees concerned with educational affairs.
• Supervise the process of preparing study schedules for students of both sexes in academic departments and coordinate with other colleges in cooperation with the Deanship of Admission and Registration and also with Study Schedule Committee.
• Supervise the distribution of students of both sexes to different departments of the Faculty in coordination with these departments
• Set regulations and systems of exams and monitor compliance with them.
• Supervise the progress of final exams and form relevant committees in coordination with academic departments and the Deanship of Admission and Registration.
• Supervise enforcement of the regulations relating to admission and transfer to/from the Faculty and to/ from one academic department to another.
• Supervise the activities of Student Affairs Committee and extracurricular activities.
• Head the Vice Deanship's committees and submit their reports to relevant parties.
• Supervise the process of academic course equivalency.
• Supervise requests for study postponement and withdrawal and the process of admission or dismissal of undergraduates according to the regulations and decisions issued in this regard.
• Supervise the process of preparing lists of denial of tests and lists of graduates.
• Supervise activities of the Faculty's orientation week.
• Guide and supervise students of both sexes and find solutions to all issues relating to academic achievements.
• Submit regular reports to the Faculty's dean on work progress at the units reporting to him according to the duties mandated to him and based on each unit's difficulties.
• Follow up the upgrading of the Faculty's site with respect to his Vice Deanship and its administrative units.
• Carry out any activities assigned to him by the Dean.
• Participate in activities of the Faculty Council carried out by the Vice Dean for Educational Affairs and execute the recommendations of the Council with respect to his Vice Deanship.
The Vice Deanship's Units and Committees:
• Academic Office
• Student Affairs Unit
• Student Rights Unit
• Examination Committee
• Student Activities Unit