The unit undertakes the following tasks:
- Revising and editing the minutes of the college councils and committees which need to be approved by His Excellency the UQU President.
- Participating in revising and editing the decisions which His Excellency the UQU President orders to be revised according to the regulations, bylaws, and instructions in force.
- Formulating, developing, and replying to consultation related to the different minutes.
- Replying to enquiries about the unit's work.
- Participating in the committees assigned to discuss matters related to the unit's work.
- Any task that the general supervisor assigns to the unit.
- The general supervisor, his assistant, or his deputy distributes the minutes to the unit's employees.
- The relevant employee studies the minutes, starting from reading the minutes agenda, then reviews all matters related to the topic of the minutes, the recommendations made, and how the supporting regulatory document complies with the recommendations made.
- Revising and editing all the topics listed in the minutes, ensuring they comply with the Regulations of the Higher Education and Universities Council, its bylaws, and executive rules approved by the University Council, as well as other regulations in force in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In addition, reviewing decisions and circulars related to the topics stated, as well as the supreme decisions and directives received by the university.
- Submitting the minutes to the General Supervisor of the Legal Department after being edited to be revised before referring them to His Excellency the UQU President.
- If the minutes need to be edited, they are referred to the relevant employee in order to ensure the soundness of the procedure they have taken, according to the relevant regulations and instructions.