- To represent the university before all the litigation bodies;
- To complete statements and procedures related to the proceedings of the competent departments in the university;
- To prepare briefs, primary replies, appeal regulations and follow up on them pending the end of the case;
- To extract statistics and reports related to the cases from the department program;
- To respond to the inquiries about open and closed cases;
- To join committees assigned to discuss issues related to the university's cases;
- To prepare annual reports on the activities and achievements of the unit and submit them to the supervisor general;
- To perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor general.
Unit's team and Mechanism of work:
- The team in the unit is composed of a head and a number of official representatives, who represent the university before administrative judiciary and other litigation bodies. The work for any case is conducted jointly between the head of the unit, the relevant representative and the supervisor general.
- The head of the unit refers the cases to the relevant representative, who prepares a brief report on them, explaining his views about the grounds of cases; the strength of the university's position or the lack thereof; whether resorting to reconciliation or prosecution is the better option for the university, and the grounds of either options for the university.
- The head of the unit studies the case and the report of the representative, and discusses it with the supervisor general to define the best option for the university.
- If carrying on with the lawsuit is the best option, then the representative of the university shall complete the required statements and procedures related to the lawsuits from the competent departments in the university, and prepares briefs, primary replies, appeal regulations, and whatever required by the lawsuit and follow up them until the end of the case under the supervision of the head of the unit. The developments in this regard are to be reported to the supervisor general on a regular basis.
- If the best option is to seek reconciliation, the case shall be withdrawn from the representative, and the head of the unit shall start proceedings to seek reconciliation with the adversary in collaboration with the supervisor general and his deputy.
- The university representative shall, in collaboration with the head of the unit after obtaining the approval of the supervisor general, prepare a review of the final ruling before the president of the university together with the statement of the reasons of losing or wining the case, the opinions of the department, and then he shall complete the procedures of closing the case file by informing the relevant authorities in the university about enforcing or reserving the ruling.