The unit undertakes the following tasks:
- Providing legal consultancy concerning what is assigned to the unit by the general supervisor, his assistant, or any of the legal department sections.
- Providing a regulatory viewpoint concerning what is sent to the legal department with regards to applications by his Excellency the President of the University, vice presidents, and different departments of the university.
- Participating in legal reviews for internal regulations, contracts, and agreements sent to the department.
- Participating in reviewing and preparing decisions and circulations which are sent to the department by relevant authorities.
- Studying the topics sent to the department related to administrative, financial, and legal aspects according to related regulations, bylaws, and instructions and expressing legal views concerning them.
- Consultative applications sent to the legal department will be sent to the unit director by the general supervisor.
- The director refers transactions to the relevant employee in the Consultancy Unit.
- If necessary, a request for the required statement is then sent.
- Topics are examined according to the measures pertaining to the concerned cases.
- The treatment suggested by the employee is referred to the director to be certified or returned for another treatment.
- The topic and the suggested treatment are referred to the director who will send them to the general supervisor to take suitable action.
- After the general supervisor approves the treatment prepared by the unit, the transaction will be referred to the administrative affairs unit to send the transaction.