This unit was established by virtue of the Dean of the College of Medicine's decision no. 4201016656, on 10 Safar, 1442 A.H., placing it under the supervision of the Vice Deanship of the College for Development and Entrepreneurship.
The unit was established to provide the necessary support for students to overcome the difficulties they face during their study at the College of Medicine, Umm Al-Qura University. The Student Support Unit provides multiple services via the academic staff members and specialists of the university in various fields of life, such as health, psychological, financial, social problems, etc.
The College Vice Deanship for Development and Entrepreneurship conducted a survey for the students of the College of Medicine on the extent of their need to have this support. The majority of the responses indicated the need for the support on the part of the students, in various fields.
Objectives and Services of the Unit
- Following up cases of behavioral and study problems.
- Supporting students to develop their abilities and skills.
- Receiving students to provide advice and counseling in order to support them academically and psychologically.
- Paying attention to the issues that negatively affect students' academic level.
- Guiding and directing students, and finding appropriate solutions to academic and personal obstacles.
- Dealing with students' academic and psychological pressures.
- Providing the required support and supervision for academic guidance and counseling services.
- Achieving effective study strategies by the students joining workshops, various training courses, and seminars to support and assist them on the personal and academic levels.
Applying for the Service
**All information provided by the students to the unit will be treated with complete confidentiality, and no information will be disclosed without the consent of the student.
- Dr. Ahmad Hassan Mufti (the Vice Dean of the College of Medicine for Development and Entrepreneurship): Committee Chairman
- Dr. Maram Al-Sharif (Head of the Department of Medical Education): Deputy Chairman of the Committee
- Dr. Naif Jalal (academic staff member): Member
- Dr. Aminah bint Abdullah Al-Utaibi: Member
- Dr. Hammam bin Abdullah Al-Fadhli: Member
- Mr. Abdulilah Zammzami (student): Member
- Ms. Sarah Radwan (student): Member
- Ms. Laila Al-Aidarus: Committee Secretary