The Vice Deanship for Educational Affairs and Academic Development takes special care of the academic aspect, and cooperates with departments to creating an environment proper for the learning process, as per the highest national and international criteria. As the organizational structure shows, it is one of the college's main vice deanship. Furthermore, it is the deanship responsible for all the projects having to do with development of the educational process, and assuring good workflow, such that achieves the best possible output.
In a recent restructure of the college's vice-deanships, academic development tasks have been assigned to the Vice Deanship of Engineering for Educational Affairs, thus placing the responsibility of developing departments' programs, as well as the accreditation and TQM programs, upon the shoulder of this vice-deanship.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Vice Dean for Educational Affairs and Academic Development:
First: Education-related Tasks:
• Supervising workflow of the college's education process, and managing study affairs in line with the effective regulations and bylaws;
• Direct supervision over the units regulating educational affairs and development endeavors, as per the college's organizational structure;
• Liaising between the college's departments and the Deanship of Admissions in matters related to study schedules, admission, results, etc, and managing all relevant procedures: listing, delisting, withdrawal, etc, all according to the regulating instructions;
• Supervising the work of student committees, and non-academic activities; and
• Supervising induction meetings, orientation programs, and academic advising.
Second: Academic Development Tasks:
• Promoting the quality culture, and adopting it in the college;
• Supervising the units and departments having to do with development and implementation of quality standards;
• Supervising application of quality assurance (QA) programs, preparing strategic plans, and following up progress;
• Supervising evaluation and accreditation programs;
• Supervising programs for developing skills and capabilities of faculty members and supportive academic staff;
• Supervising preparation of the college's annual reports;
• Following up continuous development and renovation of educational facilities, as well as labs, studios and engineering workshops; and
• Supervising the college website, and updating its content regarding the vice-deanship's activities.