University Role Model Contest (Season 4)
1440 / 1441 A.H., 2019 / 2020 A.C.
The idea of the contest is in line with the comprehensive vision of the Makkah Region, which is adopted by His Royal Highness Prince Khalid Al-Faisal, the Adviser to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and Emir of the Makkah Region. The vision is represented in the strategy of "Human Development and Land Planning and Construction", under the theme, (How to be a Role Model?), the aim of which is to promote this strategy and achieve its goals. So, as part of the forum's activities, and following the success of the contest in its first, second and third seasons, the University Role Model Contest starts its fourth season to choose one male and one female student from among the university students who demonstrate the characteristics and accomplishments that render them to be role models for other university students.
- Creating a creative, stimulating and competitive environment among university students.
- Spreading the culture of role models among the university students.
- Contributing to promote the confidence of the students.
Third: Targeted Categories
- The contest targets all regular full-time undergraduate students (studying for their bachelor's degree) registered in this academic year 1441 A.H.
- The freshman students for this academic year 1441 A.H. are not allowed to participate in the contest.
- A student who graduated in the first semester of the academic year 1441 A.H. is not allowed to participate in the contest.
Fourth: Stages and Conditions
The contest is divided into two stages:
The first stage: At the level of the colleges
- The first stage shall start on Sunday, 1 Safar 1441 A.H., and conclude on Thursday, 17 Rajab, 1441 A.H.
- Colleges shall announce the start of the contest and the receipt of nominations through the electronic registration link. This is for students to nominate themselves on the link not later than Thursday, 5 Jumada Al-Thani 1441 A.H.
- An attached Candidate Evaluation Form has been designed for this stage, which is according to five specific criteria and out of (1000) points.
- A tripartite committee shall be formed to select the student representing the college. The results shall be approved by the Dean of the College. In this regard, each UQU college shall organize a contest to nominate one male and one female student to be named “College Role Model”.
- The college shall announce the final contest for the first stage. One student shall be selected out of a maximum of five male and female candidates that competed for the "College Role Model" title. This candidate will then represent the college in the second stage, at the university level. In the college contest, each applicant shall give an introductory presentation on himself/herself and his/her achievements, in a maximum of 7 minutes, in the presence of the audience, a jury approved by the dean, and a representative of the Deanship of Student Affairs. The voting is based on the highest evaluation ratings according to specific criteria similar to the evaluation criteria in the second stage at the university level.
- The students attending the College Role Model contest shall vote in the contest hall.
- Each college shall nominate two candidates from the male and the female students (a principal candidate and a reserve).
- If the principal candidate of the college is not able to enter the second stage at the university level, the college will be represented by the reserve candidate of the "Role Model" title.
- Following the approval of the college dean, the results of the contest (principal and reserve) shall be sent via the Masar system.
- No nomination shall be accepted from the colleges after the end of the period specified for the first stage of the contest.
- Students who have already been named "College Role Model" in UQU Role Model Contests in the previous three seasons shall not be entitled to re-participate.
The second stage: At the university level
- The Deanship of Student Affairs shall organize and announce the final contest for all College Role Models.
- An attached Candidate Evaluation Form has been designed for this phase, which is according to five specific criteria and out of (200) points.
- A jury approved by the Deanship of Student Affairs shall be formed according to specific criteria.
- Each candidate shall give an introductory presentation on himself/herself and his/her achievements in a maximum of 7 minutes, in the presence of the jury and the audience.
- Voting will take place through the university website before the final contest is held. Voting is open to all students and faculty members.
- Those who receive the highest evaluation ratings in the second stage are nominated to be awarded the first three ranks at the level of UQU. This is applicable to male and female candidates.
Sixth: Registration of the Evaluation Form
Seventh: Important Dates
- The deadline for submitting the nomination on the Deanship of Student Affairs link by the student is 5 Jumada Al-Thani, 1441.
- The contest for the college to nominate the role model of the College of Engineering and Islamic Architecture starts on 8 Jumada Al-Thani, 1441 A.H.
- Final qualifications for the "University Role Model" title for the year 1441 A.H. have to be submitted by 6 Rajab, 1441 A.H.