University Role Model Contest (Season 5)
1441/1442 A.H., 2020/2021 A.C.
The idea of the contest is in line with the comprehensive vision of the Makkah Region, which is adopted by His Royal Highness Prince Khalid Al-Faisal, the Adviser to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and Emir of the Makkah Region. The vision is represented in the strategy of "Human Development and Land Planning and Construction", under the theme, (How to be a Role Model?), the aim of which is to promote this strategy and achieve its goals. So, as part of the forum's activities, and following the success of the contest in its previous seasons, the University Role Model Contest starts its fifth season to choose one male and one female student from among the university students who demonstrate the characteristics and accomplishments that render them to be role models for other university students.
- Creating a creative, stimulating and competitive environment among university students.
- Spreading the culture of role models among the university students.
- Contributing to promote the confidence of the students.
Third: Target Categories
- The contest targets all regular full-time undergraduate students (studying for their bachelor's degree) registered in this academic year 1442 A.H.
- A student who graduated in the first semester of the academic year 1442 A.H. is not allowed to participate in the contest.
- The freshman students for this academic year 1442 A.H. are not allowed to participate in the contest.
Fourth: Stages and Conditions
The contest is divided into two stages:
The first stage: At the level of the colleges
- The first stage starts on Sunday, 1 Rabi` Al-Awwal, 1442 A.H., corresponding to 18 October, 2020 A.C., and concludes on Thursday, 27 Rajab, 1442 A.H., corresponding to 11 March, 2020 A.C.
- Colleges shall announce the start of the contest and receipt of nominations through the electronic registration link. This is in order for the students to nominate themselves on the link no later than Thursday, 15 Jumada Al-Thani, 1442 A.H., corresponding to 28 January, 2021 A.C.
- The attached Candidate Evaluation Form has been designed for this stage according to six specific criteria and out of (1000) points.
- In this contest, each applicant should prepare a CV and a summary about themselves and their accomplishments with evidence, in accordance with the criteria specified in the form for the first stage. These documents should then be submitted on the application link.
- The top five candidates will be selected by the Tripartite Committee, which consists of three staff members from the college, based on the highest scores and according to the six criteria specified in the form for the first stage.
- A web page will be prepared to display the candidates' summaries along with evidence of their achievements, which had been submitted by the candidates.
- An electronic form will be prepared for the voting of the students and staff members. Only students and staff members associated with their colleges are allowed to vote.
- The College Role Model will be chosen by voting, and the percentage will be divided into 70% for the staff members and 30% for the college students.
- Each college should nominate two male and two female candidates (main candidate and reserve).
- If the main candidate of the college is unable to attend the second stage at the university level, the college will be represented by the reserve candidate who may earn the title of College Role Model.
- The results of the contest (main and reserve) will be sent, after being approved by the Dean of the College, via electronic workflows.
- No nomination will be accepted from the colleges for the first stage after 27 Rajab, 1442 A.H., corresponding to 11 March, 2021 A.C.
- Students who previously obtained the title of "College Role Model" in UQU Role Model Contest in the previous two seasons shall not be entitled to participate again.
The second stage: At the university level
- The Deanship of Student Affairs shall organize and announce the final contest for all College Role Models.
- An attached Candidate Evaluation Form has been designed for this stage, which is according to five specific criteria and out of (200) points.
- A jury approved by the Deanship of Student Affairs shall be formed according to specific criteria.
- Each candidate shall give an introductory presentation on himself/herself and his/her achievements in a maximum of 7 minutes, in the presence of the jury and the audience.
- Voting will take place through the university website before the final contest is held. Voting is open to all students and faculty members.
- Those who receive the highest evaluation ratings in the second stage are nominated to be awarded the first three ranks at the level of UQU. This is applicable to male and female candidates.
Sixth: Registration of the Evaluation Form
Seventh: Important Dates
- The deadline for submitting the nomination on the Deanship of Student Affairs link by the student is 15 Jumada Al-Thani, 1442 A.H.
- The contest will start to nominate the role model of the College of Engineering and Islamic Architecture on 24 Jumada Al-Thani, 1442 A.H.
- Final rounds to win the "University Role Model" title for the year 1442 A.H. will be held on 9 Sha`ban, 1442 A.H.