University Role Model Contest – Season 3
1439-1440 AH / 2018-2019
First: Idea of the Contest
The idea of the contest comes in harmony with the comprehensive vision of Makkah Region, which is adopted by His Royal Highness Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, Adviser to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and Prince of Makkah Region. This vision is represented through the “Human Building and Place Development” strategy under the theme “How Do We Become Role Models?” in order to promote such strategy and achieve its objectives. As part of the proceedings of the forum, and after the success of the first and second versions of the contest, the third season of the University Role Model Contest is launched, to select a male student and a female student who have the privileges and achievements that would make them roles models at the level of the University.
Second: Goals of the Contest
- Creating a competitive, innovative, and stimulating atmosphere among the University’s male and female students.
- Disseminating the role model culture among the University’s male and female students.
- Contributing to enhancing the self-confidence of male and female students.
Third: Target Groups
- The competition targets all the University’s full-time male and female students (those studying for a bachelor’s degree) for this academic year, 1439-1440 AH.
- New students for this academic year, 1439-1440 AH, are not allowed to participate in the contest.
- Students who graduated in the first semester of the academic year 1439-1440 AH are not allowed to participate in the contest.
Fourth: Rounds and Requirements
The contest is held in two rounds:
The first round is at the level of colleges:
- The first round will start on Sunday, Safar 12, 1440 AH, and will end on Thursday, Jumada Al-Thani 16, 1440 AH.
- Colleges will announce the start of the contest as well as the start of receiving nominations via the electronic registration link so students can nominate themselves at the link with the deadline Thursday, Jumada Al-Awwal 4, 1440 AH.
- An attached form has been designed to evaluate the candidates for this round based on five specific criteria out of 1,000 (one thousand) points.
- A tripartite panel will be formed to select the male student and female student representing the college, and results will be approved by the college’s dean.
- Each of the University’s colleges will organize a contest among its students to nominate a male student and a female student to win the title “College Role Model.”
- The college will announce the first round’s final contest for selecting a student out of a maximum of 5 (five) from the male or female students who applied to compete for the “College Role Model” title and then represent the college in the second round at the University’s level. In this contest, each applicant will give a presentation introducing themselves and their achievements in a maximum of 7 minutes in front of the attendees and a judging panel approved by the college’s dean, in the presence of a representative of the Deanship of Students Affairs. This is based on top scores in the evaluation in accordance with specific criteria similar to the evaluation criteria in the contest’s second round that is carried out at the University’s level.
- Each college will select two male candidates and two female candidates (main and reserve).
- If the college’s main candidate asks to be excused from joining the second round at the University’s level, the college will be represented by the reserve candidate, who will win the “College Role Model” title.
- The contest’s results (main and reserve) will be sent, after obtaining a letter of approval from the college’s dean, to His Excellency the Dean of Students Affairs within the period specified, via Masar Program (attached to the letter shall be the first round’s evaluation form with all the attachments required).
- No nomination shall be accepted from colleges after the lapse of the period specified for the first round of the contest.
- Students who have previously won the “College Role Model” title in the University Role Model Contest in the previous two seasons are not entitled to participate once again.
The second round is at the level of the University
- The Deanship of Students Affairs will organize and announce the final contest among all those who have won the “College Role Model” title.
- An attached form has been designed to evaluate the candidates for this round in accordance with five specific criteria out of 200 (two hundred) points.
- A judging panel approved by the Deanship of Students Affairs will be formed based on specific standards.
- Each student will give a presentation introducing themselves and their achievements in a maximum of 7 minutes in front of the judging panel and the attendees.
- Top-scoring male and female candidates in the second round of the contest will be nominated to win the first three places at the University’s level for males and the first three places at the University’s level for females.
Fifth: Contest’s Awards
Sixth: Evaluation Form Registration
- Registration will be at the link of the Deanship of Students Affairs (soon): click here.
- The First Round Form shall be filled out and all required attachments shall be collected, and then submitted to the college’s coordinator.
Important forms: Certificate of Recommendation from College - Important Dates - Second Round Form - Coordinators of Colleges