Adham University College was opened by virtue of the Higher Education Council's decision taken in its 70th session, which was held on 1 Rajab, 1433 A.H. This decision provided for the establishment of this university college in Adham as an affiliate of Umm Al-Qura University.
A piece of land in Adham governorate was dedicated for the female section, in which a four-story building was constructed. The male section still occupies hired buildings in Al-Ja'izah district, the first building being dedicated for lectures and the second for the deanship and the administration of the college. However, a piece of land has been dedicated to construct a governmental building on it for the male section.
The male section comprises the following departments:
The female section comprises the following departments:
To make Adham University College a distinguished college, both locally and regionally, in academic education, scientific research, and in serving the community in a way that goes in line with Islamic values.
Preparing distinguished academic cadres in human, natural and technological sciences to meet the needs of the community and labor market according to comprehensive quality standards. Such cadres should be qualified to face current and future challenges in a way that goes in line with Islamic values, to serve their religion and country in different fields. The college should also act as a research center for Adham governorate, in particular, according to the vision of 2030.