The University College of Al-Qunfudhah (formerly known as the Intermediate College) was established in the city of Al-Qunfudhah in the Emirate of Makkah in 1407 A.H. The duration of study at the college is two years, after which the student is awarded an intermediate diploma in one of the following disciplines: Quranic Studies, Islamic Studies, Arabic Language, Sociology, Mathematics, Science, Art Education, and Physical Education.
In the beginning of 1409 Hijri, study in the college was developed to be a 4-year study and the name was changed to Teachers College and graduates were granted the Bachelor Degree in Elementary Education in the aforementioned majors. The first class of graduates with the Bachelor Degree in Elementary Education was graduated in 1412 Hijri.
In 1415 to 1417, courses for preparing school labs specialists were organized and the number of graduates of these courses reached 89 science lab specialists.
On 28/04/1427 Hijri, the sublime decree of his Majesty the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, may God rest his soul in peace, was issued to transfer the Vice-Deanship of teachers faculties from the Ministry of Education to the Ministry of Higher Education with the aim of providing high quality university education for students of these faculties.
On 25/03/1428 Hijri, His Majesty approved the executive procedures of transferring teachers faculties from the Ministry of Higher Education to the Universities. Al-Qunfudhah Teachers College was lucky enough to be affiliated to Umm Al-Qura University, with its deeply-rooted history and rich academic record. The College relies on this affiliation to boost the academic and professional standards of the College.
On 30/12/1429 Hijri, the sublime decree no. 10209/MB of His Majesty the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, was issued approving the decision of the Higher Education Council no. 10/50/1429, to change the College name to Al-Qunfudhah University College and restructure it and its departments to include the following departments.
In the academic year of 1430/1431, the affiliation program, one of the programs of the Faculty of Society Service and Continuing Education, was adopted in the Islamic Studies Department and the Arabic Language Department.
In the academic year of 1431/1432, the affiliation program was adopted in the English Language Department too.
In 1433/1434, the two divisions of the college, for male students and female students, were united under one umbrella; Al-Qunfudhah University College. As a result of this union, the deanship and vice-deanships of both colleges were restructured to be under the authority of one dean who has vice-deans for male students and female students. The majors offered for both male and female students are the same, with the exception of Computer that is available for female students in Al-Qunfudhah University College and available for male students in the Faculty of Computer in Al-Qunfudhah.
Our mission is creating a generation of students who are distinguished in science, creative in research fields and dedicated to serving their society in all scientific and literary fields. This will be achieved through the help of qualified university staff, adopting developed scientific curricula that cope with the latest advancements, and providing a leading research environment according to the latest quality standards in the world.
Leadership and distinction in natural and human sciences on the educational and research levels according to the latest quality standards in the world, and using this knowledge in serving our society.