UQU Journal of Educational and Psychological Sciences
Date of update: 01 January, 2020 A.C.
First: Materials accepted for publication
- The journal publishes original scientific research papers that adhere to the methodology and steps of scientific research, and add something new to specialized knowledge in the fields of education and psychology. The research paper may be written in either Arabic or English; it should have not been previously published; it should not be extracted from scientific dissertations. If the research paper is accepted for publication in the journal, it should not be published in any other periodical without the written permission of the editor-in-chief.
- The journal publishes research translations, readings, book reviews, scientific reports, and follow-ups on conferences, seminars, and academic activities related to its areas of specialty.
- The journal reviews distinguished educational and psychological innovations and experiments, for the purpose of presentation and documentation.
- The journal enriches its issues with profound specialized intellectual articles that diagnose a status quo, explore the future, draw lessons from the past, or offer rich global ideas and applications; the journal welcomes these type of articles and their authors.
- Research ideas and proposals (individual and collective) at the local and Arab levels.
Second: Publication criteria
- The writer of the research paper should submit the scientific material through the journal website: https://uqu.edu.sa/jep/App/Tickets and fill out the publishing form.
- Cited texts should not exceed 22% of the paper.
- All received research papers are initially checked by the University Journals Office to ensure they match the publication rules set by journal.
- Research papers are also first reviewed by a member of the journal editorial board specialized in the research field of the submitted paper with a view to identity the appropriate peer reviewers.
- Before publication in the journal, all submitted research papers and studies are peer-reviewed by two referees within the relevant field of research, from different countries and nationalities, with research experience and distinguished scientific standing, outside the editorial board. In the event of a conflict decision, the paper will be sent to a third referee.
- The journal is keen that the academic rank of the peer reviewer should be higher than the rank of the researcher. In all cases, the rank of the peer reviewer shall be not less than an Associate Professor.
Third: Research submission rules
- The research paper and all its attachments shall be sent on the electronic form designated for publication. A message will be sent within two business days to the researcher notifying him that the journal has received the research and giving him a reference number for future correspondence.
- The researcher undertakes that the research has not been published; that it is not derived from a master’s thesis, a doctoral thesis, or a published book; that it has not been submitted for publication to other parties; that it will not be submitted for publication to another party at the same time until the peer-reviewing procedures are completed. The researcher shall agree to transfer copyright to the journal after the research has been approved for publication in its final form.
- The first page of the research should contain the title, the name of the researcher or co-researchers, employer, address, email, and research date. In order to ensure the confidentiality of the peer-reviewing process, no mention should be made of the name of the researcher or the co-researchers in the body of the research, or any clues that might reveal their identity. If the researcher or co-researchers would like to write an acknowledgement to those who have contributed to or assisted in completing the research, this should be on a separate page.
- A summary of the research must be submitted in Arabic containing a maximum of 150 words, and another one in English containing a maximum of 150 words. Each summary should be on a separate page, and each summary should contain a research title not exceeding 20 words, with 5 key words in Arabic and English, without mentioning the names or data of the researchers.
- The researcher should romanize the Arabic references and should place the translated references in the foreign references section.
- The number of research pages should not exceed 30 pages, including references, tables, and diagrams, except for appendices.
- Typesetting and formatting: Page size: A4; line spacing should be set to 1.5 with a margin of 2.5 cm as a minimum, for the top, bottom, and sides of the page (including footnotes, references, excerpts, tables, and appendices.)
- Font type:
- Arabic: Traditional Arabic, font size 14.
- English: Times New Roman, font size 10.
- If the researcher uses a reference management tool, they should provide a full version of that tool. All research materials should also be attached as appendices to the electronic publishing request form.
- The journal is working to consolidate the scientific research method, and deems it appropriate that submitted papers must consist of the following parts: Research introduction, research problem, study questions, the importance of research, research objectives, research scope, definition of terms, research methodology, society and sample, research tool, validity and consistency of performance, statistical methods, presentation of findings, discussion of findings, and recommendations.
- References and resources should be cited either in-text or in the list of references, according to the American Psychological Association 6th Edition (APA6) system, whether English or Arabic. For citing from websites and web pages, or citing multiple information sources, e-books, hard copy books, research, studies, and references, please read the attached file entitled "APA6 format."
Fourth: Rights of the journal
- The editorial board has the right to the initial check of the research and to decide its validity to be peer reviewed.
- The editor-in-chief may provide the researcher whose paper was rejected for publishing with the opinion of the peer reviewers or its summary, upon request, without mentioning the names of the peer reviewers and without any obligation to reply to the defense of the researcher.
- The research is considered withdrawn if the researcher fails to make the amendments required in the research within two months from the date of receiving the reply from the journal, unless there is a reason regarded as acceptable by the journal editorial board.
- If the research is not accepted, the journal is not obliged to give justifications.
- Publishing accepted papers will be prioritized based on the date they are submitted to the journal.
- The research is not to be published in another scientific journal after it has been approved for publication in one of Umm Al-Qura University's scientific journals.
- The scientific journal has the right to re-publish any research, in print or electronically, that it has previously published, without the need to obtain the permission of the researcher; it also has the right to allow others to add its research to different databases, whether paid or free.
- Once the research has been accepted for publishing, ownership of the research paper is transferred from the author to the journal. All copyright is reserved for the publisher (UQU).
Fifth: Researcher's rights and duties
- Upon receiving the paper, the researcher is notified via the designated system on the journal website and is provided a research reference number.
- The researcher is notified of the initial check decision given by the editorial board member, who is in the same research field, after the research eligibility for peer-reviewing has been verified, within two working weeks from the date of providing the researcher with the research reference number.
- In the event that the research is accepted, the researcher is notified of the peer-review result by providing them with a summary of the peer-reviewers' opinion, or given an apology for not publishing the research in the event that the research does not pass the peer-reviewing stage, within two working weeks after the journal has received the peer-reviewers' report.
- The researcher is given an electronic copy of the issue that includes their research.
- The researcher is granted an “Acceptance of Publication Certificate” after the research paper has been finalized, updated the research according to the peer-reviewers' feedbacks and comments, and been approved by the relevant faculty member.
- The researcher may re-publish their research that was published in the journal, after the elapse of three years of its publication in the UQU journal, provided that the researcher seeks the permission of the journal in writing, and refers to the source when re-publishing it.
- The researcher is not allowed to withdraw their research after the journal has started the peer-reviewing procedures.
- The researcher should adhere to the standards and guidelines for submitting research specified by Umm Al-Qura University Journal of Educational and Psychological Sciences, and the principles and standards of scientific publishing ethics.
- The researcher is obliged to stick to the requirements of scientific integrity, and should honor intellectual property rights.
- In the case of joint publication, the researcher is obliged to obtain the written consent of all co-researchers, and to acknowledge the effort of everyone who participated with the researcher in conducting the research and preparing the research paper.
- The researcher is not permitted to submit a research paper that has been published in whole or in part in any form or language. They also undertake not to submit the research paper to any other party when it is under review by the journal. If it is accepted for publication, the researcher is not permitted to publish it again without obtaining the prior written consent of the journal.
- The researcher undertakes to make the amendments mentioned in the peer-reviewers' reports, with justification for anything that is not modified.
- The researcher must send the final research paper with the amendments, within two weeks from the date of the amendment request, through the researcher's electronic page on the journal website.
- The researcher is obliged to disclose any conflict of interest that may arise from the research, and they must disclose the source of all financial support for their research.
- Published materials express the opinions of the authors. Authors are responsible for the soundness of information and the accuracy of conclusions.
- If the researcher finds a major error in the published work, they must inform the editor-in-chief to enable them to delete or correct the error.
Call for papers:
The journal welcomes submissions from all scientific researchers whose research fields fall within its area of interest. It invites them to make a distinctive contribution to the production of knowledge in all its forms and trends, and to the development of research in line with current developments, the university objectives, mission, and vision, and the ambitions of the members of the supervisory board, the editorial board, and the advisory board.
How to contact the journal:
Enquiries should be sent directly to the editor-in-chief of Umm Al-Qura University Journal of Educational and Psychological Sciences, or to Umm Al-Qura University Scientific Journals Office, as follows:
- Email of Umm Al-Qura University Journal of Educational and Psychological Sciences: [email protected]
- E-mail of the University of Umm Al-Qura Scientific Journals Office: [email protected]
- Umm Al-Qura University Scientific Journals Office Telephone No.: 966125270000 (6231)