- The program is based on credit hours, and the duration of study and work is twenty-one continuous months, divided into five semesters.
- Umm Al-Qura University awards the student who successfully completes 65 credit hours the Professional Diploma of Restaurant and Hospitality Management.
Theoretical study (representing 33 credit hours) is in the form of university lectures given to the working student one day a week at the Headquarters of Umm Al-Qura University, in the Western Region, or at centers in the Eastern and Central Regions. Recruitment and registration is available for all working students from all over the Kingdom.
Practical study (representing 32 credit hours) is as follows:
- Work and training is for twenty-one continuous months in the company's restaurants. The working student is trained on the latest technology and trends in the field of hospitality and restaurants while working as a team member. The working student also receives the latest training programs for international brands of the company. The student becomes a working and productive member in the company's restaurants while being systematically and professionally developed during the period of work and study.
- Work and training is for five days a week in the company's restaurants. This period includes training and access to training programs and applied curricula, according to the study plan of the program, under the supervision of Umm Al-Qura University.
- The working student receives a salary in the period of work and study. After 12 months, high-achieving students receive an opportunity for promotion while working and studying in the program, along with an increase in salary and transfer to a supervisory position. Graduates of the program are also given the opportunity for promotion according to their performance assessment and skill development level at graduation.
- The working student is allowed two days off from his work at the restaurant to attend university study with the academic staff of Umm Al-Qura University on one of these two days, and to take a weekly leave on the other day.