Duties of the Committee:
- Reviewing and evaluating program curricula and study plans based on the annual report, and submitting appropriate proposals in light of the specified mission and objectives and in accordance with the program accreditation criteria.
- Supervising the implementation of improvement plans for the educational programs and developing them in accordance with the recommendations of the periodic course reports and the requirements of the labor market.
- Proposing solutions to the problems that may hinder the implementation of any program, in conformity with the requirements of quality and academic accreditation.
- Matching courses with the sources of learning available to the student, and proposing the update of learning resources, including print and other references, keeping in mind the latest developments in the field of the study, preparing lists of the required resources and ensuring their availability, and promoting the culture of using electronic references.
- Proposing training programs for the academic staff members in the field of using new technology and modern teaching methods, so as to contribute to the development of the academic courses.
- Coordinating with the corresponding academic departments in the local and external environments with the aim of benefiting from various experiences to develop study plans.
- Urging academic staff members to propose curriculum development suggestions and develop timetables for continuous development in line with the actual needs of graduates to prepare them for the labor market.
- Reviewing and evaluating the learning outcomes of the courses and linking them to the learning outcomes of the program.
- Holding regular meetings with course coordinators to review and discuss the suggested developments, polling professors' opinions about the proposition, and benefitting from the poll results.
- Coordinating curricular contents to ensure non-duplication, and consistent and gradual academic and practical preparation of the students.
- Reviewing course descriptions and reports formally and procedurally in accordance with academic accreditation requirements, and reviewing student assessments.
- Preparing a quarterly report on the proposed curriculum development achievements for presentation to the Department Council.