Vice deanship for Academic Affairs is responsible for all what caters to the students' needs. It is mainly concerned with improving the level of education and overcoming the difficulties the student faces during his study in the college. Thereupon, the vice deanship implements the policies and regulations adopted in student affairs and educational services in order to achieve their specified objectives.
Responsibilities of the Vice-Dean for Academic Affairs :
- Applying the college education and testing bylaw.
- Supervising the units affiliated to the academic affairs and raising the required reports to the competent authorities
- Adopting the schedules provided by the academic departments.
- Supervising the process of the final examinations, and coordinating the examination schedules.
- Applying the rules of enrolment in the college, transference therefrom and thereto, distribution of students among the various departments, and shifting among the academic departments, in coordination with the relevant departments.
- Supervising the work of the Student Affairs Committee and the students' extra-curricular activities committees.
- Supervising equivalency courses.
- Supervising the requests for adjourning and quitting studies, as well as deletions and additions processes.
- Preparing the lists of deprivation from studies and lists of graduation.
- Supervising the activities of the college induction week.
- Submitting periodic reports to the Dean about the workflow in the affiliated units, and the difficulties they face.
- Coordinating with the college's units in all relevant fields.
- Updating the college website with information about the vice deanship and the affiliated administrative units.
- Forming committees for examining medical excuses.
- Coordinating with the medical colleges as regards all the academic issues.
- Coordinating with the Vice Deanship for Admissions and Registration, and the Vice Deanship for Student Affairs in this regard.
- Implementing all the tasks assigned by the Dean.