The Saudi Toxicology Society was established as per the decision of the UQU President No. 4002011746/50/02 dated 23 Shawal, 1440 A.H., based on the resolution of the university board in its fifth session, held on 22 Ramadan 1440 A.H. The decision was first ratified by the Minister of Higher Education within the framework of the organizing rules of the scientific societies in Saudi universities issued according to the decision of the higher education council No. 10/15/1420 in its 15th session, dated 1 Safar, 1420 A.H., and then approved by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, the Head of the Council of Higher Education, pursuant to Royal Order No. 284 M, dated 3 Rabi` Al-Awwal, 1421 A.H.
Objectives of the Society
The Saudi Toxicology Society Aims to Achieve the Following:
- Developing scientific and professional thought in the field of toxicology with the aim of boosting the scientific and professional performance of the society members.
- Providing the opportunity for those working in the society's fields of specialization and interest to contribute to scientific and professional movement of progress in these fields.
- Facilitating the exchange of scientific production and scientific and professional ideas in the field of interest of the society and the relevant commissions in and outside the Kingdom.
- Offering consultation and conducting the necessary studies to boost performance in the society's fields of interests in the different commissions and establishments.
- Contributing to setting profession standards of practice in the society's specialization and participating in monitoring its performance and continuation.
- Contributing to raising the level of health awareness in the community.
The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology at the UQU College of Medicine
Types of Membership
Honorary membership, as follows:
To be granted to those who have contributed to the development of the society's different fields of interests or provided financial or moral services to the society. Honorary members are exempt from the payment of the subscription charges and are also entitled to attend the meetings of the general assembly and its different committees and participate in the discussions.
Full Membership (Annual Subscription Fee SR. 300) according to the following conditions:
- The applicant must have a scientific degree or the equivalent in the society's field of specialization.
- Payment of the annual subscription fee.
- Any other requirements imposed by the board of directors.
- Approval from the board of directors.
Affiliation Membership (Annual Subscription Fee SR 150) according to the following conditions:
- University students specialized in the society's domain.
- Workers and those who are interested in the society field of interest and don't have the related scientific degree required for the full membership.
- Affiliated members are exempt from the payment of 50% of the annual subscription fee and may attend sessions and participate in committees without voting.
Society's Fax and Phone: 5270000 Ext. No. 4231
E-mail: [email protected]
Mobile Number: 00966598031361
Mobile Number: 00966557303715