Umm Al-Qura University
Duties of the Curriculum and Program Development Committee
- Reviewing and evaluating program curricula and study plans based on the annual report, and submitting appropriate proposals in light of the set mission and goals and in accordance with the program accreditation criteria.
- Supervising the implementation of improvement plans for educational programs and developing them in accordance with the recommendations of periodic course reports and the requirements of the labor market.
- Providing solutions to the problems that may hinder the implementation of any program, in conformity with the requirements of quality and academic accreditation.
- Matching curricula with available learning resources for the student and proposing the update of learning resources, including print and other references, keeping in mind the latest developments in the field of the study, preparing lists of the required resources and ensuring their availability, and spreading the culture of using electronic references.
- Proposing extracurricular activities that support academic courses.
- Proposing training programs for academic staff members in the field of using new technology and modern teaching methods, so as to contribute to the development of the academic courses.
- Coordinating with the corresponding academic departments in the local and external environments with the aim of benefiting from various experiences to develop study plans.
- Urging academic staff members to propose curriculum development and to set timetables for continuous development in line with the actual needs of graduates, in order to prepare them for the labor market.
- Reviewing and evaluating the learning outcomes of the courses and linking them to the learning outcomes of the program.
- Holding periodic meetings with course coordinators to review and discuss the proposed development, polling professors' opinions about the proposition, and benefitting from the poll results.
- Coordinating curricular contents to ensure non-duplication and to ensure consistent and gradual academic and practical preparation of the students.
- Reviewing course descriptions and reports formally and procedurally in accordance with academic accreditation requirements, and reviewing student assessments.
- Preparing a quarterly report on the proposed curriculum development achievements for presentation to the Department Council and the college's Curriculum Development Committee.