The department endeavors to become a role model for outstanding scientific departments at the global level in building specialized cadres in the research and teaching of the sciences of the Qur'an and the Sunnah. This is in a manner serving the local and international community and ensuring its security and development, to mirror the honor and sacredness of its location.
Graduating qualified and specialized cadres in the sciences of the Qur'an and Sunnah, according to the standards of quality, in a manner serving the local and international community, and following the moderate approach based on the understanding of the righteous Muslim predecessors.
1. Graduate cadres who are qualified scientifically and well-trained to carry out research in the specialization of the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah, to meet the needs of the labor market.
2. Build a moderate character, balanced in doctrine, worship, and behavior.
3. Develop the dialogue and creative skills as well as the professional knowledge of the students.
4. Establish an Islamic reference of the Qur'an and Sunnah by facilitating access to their sciences.
5. Develop specific research in the sciences of the Qur'an and Sunnah that serve the local and international issues of the nation.
6. Provide consultation in the sciences of the Qur'an and Sunnah.
7. Provide an environment that ensures promotion of the educational and research process in the sciences of the Qur'an and Sunnah.
8. Develop the program in a manner conforming with the needs of the labor market and the standards of program accreditation.
9. Develop an effective administrative system that endeavors to achieve the program's mission of establishing moderation in education, scientific research, and community service.
10. Offer scientific and Da`wah services to the society, especially in the seasons of Hajj and Umrah.