Umm Al-Qura University
Objectives and Duties of the Unit
Strategic Objectives and Duties
- Strengthening and sustaining the relationship between the university, graduates, and employers.
- Contributing to increasing the number of graduates that join the labor market, by offering continuous education and training programs.
- Contributing to enhancing the academic and social status of the college and university.
- Creating a database on graduates, employers, and all graduate-related sectors.
- Maintaining contact with the college graduates of all the different programs to discuss the importance of learning outcomes in meeting the requirements of the labor market.
- Establishing associations for the graduates, and facilitating contact and communication between them.
- Creating training programs that contribute in developing the graduates' skills for them to keep pace with the requirements of the labor market.
- Issuing periodicals and creating a data bank containing information concerning students' academic, professional and social activities.
- Establishing a special forum for the graduates to promote the exchange of expertise and encourage continuous enrichment.
- Organizing an annual meeting for the graduates, employers and the local community institutions to promote the exchange of expertise and provide job opportunities for the graduates.
- Organizing quarterly or annual competitions for the distinguished research efforts and projects, which contribute to developing the community and meeting the requirements of the labor market.
- Gauging employers’ hiring trends and the extent they are satisfied with the college graduates.
- Monitoring the challenges encountered by the graduates upon joining the labor market.
- Submitting an integrated report, at the end of each semester, to explain the procedures taken by the Vice Deanship of Development and Quality.