1- Journal name, domain and objectives
A. Name: Awqaf, a scientific review journal.
B. Specialty: All waqf-related studies
- To publish researches, scientific studies, articles, and waqf society objective-related news
- To enrich scientific movement in the mentioned fields and give the opportunity to researchers to publish their work.
- To contribute to spreading the concepts of waqf and its related studies and dissolve any misconceptions
2-Journal Main Subjects:
- Waqf-related scientific researches
- Waqf-related articles
- Review and critiques of scientific researches and other waqf-related investigations
- Waqf-related scientific news.
- Special Waqf academic dissertations
- Waqf-related manuscript studies
- Summary in English.
3- Journal Issue: It's issued twice a year (Hijri year) and occasionally 4 times a year if needed.
4- Journal Editorial and Decisions
- The journal is run under supervision of the society's board of directors. It's annual report and minutes are subject to the chairman's approval.
- Editorial Board consists of 6 full members, including Editor-in-Chief. Member's academic rank must be Associate Professor at least. Two thirds of members must be from the university affiliated to the administrative branch of the society. Editor-in-Chief recommends members to the board of directors for approval of a term of 3 years (can be renewed twice).
- Editor-in-Chief is appointed by the board by recommendation of the chairman for a term of 3 years (can be renewed twice).
- The editorial board chooses one of its members for secretariat and editing-in-chief.
- Editorial board convenes once every two months at the invitation of Editor-in-Chief
- Editorial board decisions are issued by absolute majority. Sessions are held only with the attendance of two thirds of the editorial board members. In case of equal votes, the editor-in-chief's side shall prevail.
5 - Publishing Rules
The journal publishes academic material as per the following rules:
- Material presented must have not be published before (or presented to other publisher at the same time)
- Material must be waqf-related.
- Originality, innovation, and creativity
- Scientific research standards and methods must be observed.
- Work must be Waqf-related
- Material cannot be parts from previously published work of the researcher (including Master's or PhD thesis)
- The minimum research volume is 10 pages; maximum is 100 pages per issue. Editorial board may make exception when necessary.
- A half page overview must accompany the publication for introduction.
- Short background about author, his major academic works an contact details must accompany the material to be published.
- 5 copies of the work are to be provided with original
- Researches submitted for publication must go through arbitration
6- Scientific Material Liability: Researcher shall be liable for the scientific material submitted to the journal for publication.
7 - Review and Judgment Rules and Rewards
- Scientific researches presented for publication are subject to review by specialists from faculty members.
- Judges are selected by the editorial board. Judges must at least hold Assistant Professor rank at least if the researcher is an instructor or TA; Associate Professor rank if the researcher is an Associate Professor; and a Professor if the researcher is an Assistant or Associate Professor.
- 3 judges are selected for review; 2 main judges and a reserve third judge to operate in the following conditions:
- Withdrawal of one of the judges.
- Report submission delay
The third judge gives weight to a decision when the 2 main judges disagree on the validity of the material.
Each judge receives a token reward of maximum SAR 500.
A main judge loses right to reward in case the third judge was assigned to perform the review subject to paragraph H of Article 8.
8- Publishing Executive Procedures:
Materials are received in two ways:
- By hand to the editor-in-chief
- By post to the journals' address
- Editor-in-chief shall confirm receipt of scientific material by post .
- Scientific material is presented to the editorial board for initial review to verify meeting the journal publishing requirements.
- Scientific material that doesn't meet publication rules are sent back to owner. Missing aspects may be indicated at the editorial board's discretion.
- As indicted before, the editorial board shall select 3 judges to review the initially approved material (reserve third judge is to be an alternative subject to paragraph C of Article 7)
- The scientific material is anonymized before presentation to judges.
- Editor-in-Chief then posts the scientific material to the judges' address.
- Judges are allowed a maximum month to write a report on the scientific material they received. In case of delay from their side, the editor-in-chief shall send two notices over two weeks. Afterwards, an alternative judge shall serve in case of receiving no response.
- Upon receiving judge reports, the editorial board review the results to issue a decision based on the following:
- Approval is issued upon the two judges' decision as to the scientific material's validity for publishing
- If either judge has modification notes, a copy there of is sent to the material owner for editing.
- In case of disagreement on validity for publishing between the two main judges, the third judge shall give weight to either opinion .
- If both judges agree on invalidity, the owner is notified of publishing rejection.
- Upon receiving modifications as per item 2 of paragraph I of Article 8, it shall be presented to the editorial board for approval or returning it to the judge who made notes of modification.
- Editor-in-chief shall notify the scientific material author of approval and the publication issue.
- Scientific materials are put in order as per field (researches, investigations, critiques, scientific news)
- Every party to journal issue, including: authors, investigative journalists, or critics shall receive 5 free copies of the issue and 10 special excerpts of their subjects.