The Chemistry Department was one of the divisions of the Science Department in the Teachers Preparation College up to 1429 Hijri, when the decree of His Majesty the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, may God rest his soul in peace, was issued to affiliate teachers colleges to Saudi universities. In 1430 Hijri, the Chemistry Department was approved in the restructuring of Al-Qunfudhah University College under the umbrella of Umm Al-Qura University in Mecca. In the academic year of 1432/1433 Hijri, the Department received the first class of Pure Chemistry students.
Delivering a high standard chemistry education and developing scientific researches in different branches according to a modern vision that copes with the development of science and its methods.
Granting our students the Bachelor Degree in Chemistry to be qualified professionals capable of effective communication with the modern scientific advancements in this major, conducting scientific research, providing courses and serving the local society in Al-Qunfudhah.