Goals of Establishing the Unit:
- Delivering high levels of quality in the medical care provided at the medical center in order to achieve customer satisfaction and further objectives.
- Ensuring optimal use of human and financial resources.
- Raising the morale of employees, motivating them, and making them satisfied.
- Reducing errors and improving the processes being followed by involving service users in the decision-making process.
- Maintaining excellence in the quality of the medical services provided to meet the standards of health and institutional accreditation, in accordance with the objectives of Umm Al-Qura University and the Saudi Vision 2030.
Tasks of the Quality Unit:
- Setting the annual quality and patient safety plan at the University Medical Center, and supervising its implementation.
- Coordinating the plans of quality improvement programs at the institute, and motivating the employees to implement them.
- Collecting and analyzing data to identify the opportunities that will boost quality improvement at the center.
- Supervising, updating, and reconciling the procedures and operations of the Medical Center to bring them in line with the best international practices.
- Supervising and documenting the meetings of the health committees at the center.
- Developing key performance indicators to monitor the objectives of the annual and strategic plans adopted in the medical center and define benchmarking comparisons to ensure a fair review process.