Umm Al-Qura University
Scientific Research Unit
Duties of the Scientific Research Unit
- Prepare the program's research priorities using the research databases and the opinion surveys of the academic staff.
- Set the research plan, in the light of the UQU's plan and the program's research priorities.
- Follow the scientific publication of the research projects of the academic staff. Prepare the percentages and performance indicators related to the research activity of the academic staff.
- Prepare a list of the research papers of the academic staff at the department published locally, regionally, and globally.
- Coordinate communication with the sectors concerned to set a mechanism for the research they undertake together.
- Follow up on the research projects funded by the research institutes and centers.
- Propose scientific conferences.
- Motivate the academic staff to publish in the well-known scientific journals.
- Present proposals for development courses in scientific research.
- Present a report on the committee's work at the end of each semester.