Umm Al-Qura University
Academic Advising Committee
Duties of the Academic Advising Committee
- Distribute students to the academic advisors.
- Ensure a strong connection between the students and advisors through the Deanship of Admission and Registration.
- Introduce the newcomer students with the study's regulations and systems.
- Raise awareness of the newcomer students about the requirements of academic accreditation.
- Guide the students towards the correct university behavior.
- Provide necessary academic consultation.
- Activate communication between the professors and the students.
- Guide and support the students in the development of the schedule.
- Assist the student in the removal, addition and withdrawal of courses, and provide the necessary forms for this.
- Propose the requirements for the transfer from and to the department.
- Submit a report on the committee's work at the end of each semester.