Umm Al-Qura University
Internship and Training Affairs Committee
Duties of the Internship and Training Affairs Committee:
- Making sure that the students who apply for their internship year have fulfilled the graduation requirements prior to enrollment. This occurs in collaboration with the Vice Deanship for Academic Affairs.
- Addressing all hospitals and medical centers throughout the Saudi Kingdom and coordinating with them to provide admission for internship year students for them to complete the compulsory internship year.
- Introducing the internship year’s regulations and systems and listing internship skills, in coordination with the scientific departments, to be accessible to the students, academic staff members, and trainees.
- Following up the training of internship students in various hospitals and training centers during the academic year and during the summer training, in cooperation with the academic departments, and making field visits for the students to ensure the quality of the training.
- Overcoming the difficulties and problems that students of the internship year may encounter.
- Submitting the names of male and female students in the internship year to the Deanship of Student Affairs to disburse the Excellence Rewards.
- Issuing internship year certificates for all academic programs, and submitting them to the deanship of the college for approval.
- Supervising students who have overseas scholarships and wish to spend their internship year inside the Saudi Kingdom.
- Drafting a memoranda of understanding, making and following up agreements between the college and the relevant authorities, such as universities, hospitals, health centers, and specialized training centers, and following up on existing agreements with companies to ensure their participation.