Umm Al-Qura University
Vision and Objectives
- Achieving the department's vision in graduating outstanding engineers capable of determining, evaluating and solving complex environmental problems; providing the graduates with continuous learning opportunities to enable them to continue their postgraduate studies; and helping the community to raise their standard of living by offering consultation services and conducting applied research.
- Making the Department of Environmental Engineering one of the leading actors in improving the environment and in achieving sustainable development in the region.
- Graduating engineering cadres specialized in the posts of environmental engineering and the relevant fields, which involve reducing air, soil and water pollution. These cadres must exhibit high professionalism, Islamic values, and the ability to promote environmental culture and ethics.
- The engineering cadres must be capable of preparing studies on the environmental impact of the proposed projects in the construction and industry sector. They must have also the ability to check the professional licenses and certificates, and follow the implementation of the environmental policies and regulations in the fields related to the roles and responsibilities of the institutions in the public and private sectors.
- Providing consultation regarding the reduction of pollution and the assessment of environmental risks, as well as promoting the environmental culture through training courses, publications, and translations.
- Conducting theoretical and applied research to solve diverse environmental problems.