Admission Requirements for Department of Language, Syntax & Grammar
- A student shall be a Saudi National.
- A student shall have a general secondary education certificate or its equivalent received either in the KSA or otherwise.
- A general secondary education certificate or its equivalent awarded for more than five years will not be accepted. If reasonable justifications are provided, the university council may dismiss this condition.
- To successfully pass whatsoever test or interview deems by the university council as necessary.
- Students dismissed, either from this university or otherwise, for academic and disciplinary reasons will not be accepted.
- A student shall be of good conduct and character.
- A student shall be physically fit.
- With regard to public servants, consent shall be obtained from the concerned body showing approval of such schedule applicable by the department.
Academic degree awarded by the department:
The department awards the bachelor degree in language, syntax and grammar. A student shall complete (145) approved educational units in eight terms. Those curricula include majors in the Arabic language and literature (Language, syntax and grammar – rhetoric and criticism – literature) and other subjects from several colleges to form a complementary scientific character.