In the name of Allah and praise be to Allah Who says in His Glorious Book: “Help one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwâ (virtue, righteousness, and piety), but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is severe in punishment.”
And peace and blessings be upon the most honorable among Prophets and Messengers, our Prophet Muhammad, and upon his family and companions. The Prophet (peace be upon him) urged his companions to work collectively together, when he said, “The hand of Allah is with the group.”
Out of the keenness to upgrade the work provided by the department in serving the students and academic staff members, it was necessary to take the opinions of all the affiliates of the department, including the male and female academic staff members and technicians, and make them participate and divide the work among them by forming active committees. These committees are responsible for evaluating the current status of the department, according to the competence of each committee. On this basis, each committee makes a list of recommendations that it deems appropriate to submit to the Department Council for discussion and approval.
In this regard, eight committees were formed under the umbrella of the head of the department. In your hands is the guidebook for these committees that explains the duties, work mechanism and administrative structure of each committee. We ask Allah, the Almighty, to bless all our time and to bless the work of these committees. We also ask Him to support us in serving the department and in providing the best to its affiliates.
1) The committees were divided and formed to ensure continuous improvement in the department. This is in order to ensure the quality of the educational and research process by involving all the affiliates of the department.
2) Each committee consists of a chairperson and a number of members, according to the nature of the work and the tasks in the committee.
3) The head of the department shall organize the meetings and set the proper schedule, according to the department's academic agendas, with at least two meetings being held per semester.
4) The head of each committee must submit a report of each meeting to the head of the department. The work and recommendations carried out by the committee must be included in the minutes of the meeting, which must be signed by all the members.
5) The head of the department may attend the committees’ meetings on a regular basis, as a follow-up and to show his interest in this regard.
6) At the end of the academic year, the head of the committee must submit a final report about all the work of the committee, which will be included in the final report of the department.