On Thursday Rabi’ I 5, 1439H, at 12:00 pm, the technical committee of the Initiative on Developing Research Capacities and Human Resources held a meeting to review the latest accomplishments in the researcher database system, which is being developed in the framework of services that are being improved by the Deanship of Scientific Research to serve the researchers. The meeting was attended by Dr. Hanadi Beheiry, the Vice Dean of Scientific Research for Quality and Academic Accreditation; Dr. Tahani Al-Subait, the initiative’s officer responsible for the Researchers Database Project; Dr. Kholoud Al-Thubaiti, the Head of Committee on Excellence in Registration in the Search Engines; and Ms. Esraa Al-Muammadi, an Assistant Researcher.
The technical committee gave an comprehensive presentation, including:
- Analysis of system processes (by using Use Case) - Data flow diagram (DFD) covering all levels between the user and the system
- Designing of a database (ER diagram)
- Presenting and discussing the first user interface (UI) model.
Then, the preliminary form of the interactive website of the researcher database and the related databases was approved. Moreover, views were exchanged about the interface of the database website.
It is worth noting that the objectives of Researcher Database System (Researcher) could be summarized as follows:
- Objectives for the researchers through providing them with a search engine for the most important published researches by the university's affiliates with different specialties and research interests. This search engine will facilitate the searching process in the database in many ways, like searching by the researcher’s name, research title, publishing journal, or others.
- Objectives for the decision makers in the university through providing them with a knowledge base that contribute to developing policies and regulations, and determining priorities by extrapolating the reality based on scientific indicators.
- Objectives for the educational sector in the Kingdom through providing it with tools that contribute to assessing the research activity for Umm Al-Qura University and compare it to the other research institutes. This will have contribution in the future planning and achieve the honorable presence for the university locally, regionally and internationally through introducing the university’s research accomplishments.
Allah is the Arbiter of Success..