Umm Al-Qura University
Qualifications of UQU Graduates
The UQU graduates have several distinguishing features:
- Acquisition of a comprehensive, coherent, and organized body of knowledge in a particular field of study, and its related theories and principles.
- Ability to research complex problems and develop innovative solutions with limited guidance, using insights from a student's specific field of study and other relevant areas of study.
- Ability to identify and use appropriate mathematical and statistical methods in the analysis and resolution of complex issues, and to select and use the most appropriate mechanisms to communicate results to the audience.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, take on responsibility, and have a willingness to cooperate fully with other participants in joint projects and initiatives.
- Adequate and integrated knowledge and skills necessary for effective practice of the specific professional field required, in the case of a professional program.
- In-depth knowledge and comprehension of research literature in a specialized field, and the ability to interpret, analyze, and evaluate the significance of that research to contribute to increasing the body of knowledge in that field of study, if the program is academic in nature, without involving professional practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively, especially in Arabic.
- Commitment to Islamic ethics and values.