Oral sciences department was established, as the rest of the four departments of the college, by a recommendation of the University Council at its seventh session in 15/6/1428 AH. The department began its duties with the other departments of the college on
17/10/1428AH. The department began teaching in the college in 1430AH.
To participate in providing quality education for students and professionals in dentistry, and to take part in scientific research in the College.
A- Educational objectives:
- The College participation in providing high-level educational environment adequate for graduating specialized skilled dentists, committed to the ethics of the profession, the Islamic religion, and professionalism.
- The College participation in training and qualifying dentists in accordance with the highest international standards.
- Qualifying graduates to take responsibility in raising the level of oral and dental health services in the region through self - learning and continuing medical education.
- Providing graduates with knowledge and skills required to meet the needs and expectations of society and the profession.
- Using innovative educational strategies based on discussion, problem- solving and self- assessment of the academic programs, teaching and assessment methods.
- Paying attention to scientific research and focusing on student participation in research projects.
B: Community goals:
- Participating in providing dental services and care for members of the community through clinics of teaching faculty.
- Providing consultations and advice related to dental health.
- Taking part in providing dental services convoys to serve community members, pilgrims and members of the rural community.
- Taking part in providing dental services to serve patients with special needs.
- Commitment to Islamic and medical ethics.
- Commitment to medical professionalism.
- Commitment to promoting teamwork in practices as well as in leadership.
- Respect for the rules and policies of practicing health care services.