Umm Al-Qura University
College Vice Deanship for Academic Affairs
College Vice Dean for Academic Affairs
Dr. Ahmad bin Faisal Subahi
Duties of the College Vice Dean for Academic Affairs
- Supervising the teaching load of the faculty members and the like, and coordinating with other colleges in cooperation with the Deanship of Admission and Registration
- Redirecting the incoming correspondences and instructions related to the Vice Deanship for Educational Affairs
- Maintaining permanent coordination with the vice deans and heads of the departments in order to accomplish the objectives of the college.
- Controlling academic schedules, and coordinating between departments as regards general and joint courses and classroom allocation.
- Supervising the admission and registration work, and the completion of the registration processes for the students. Supervising the course equivalency processes, re-enrollment and zero ratings, and following up on course deletions and additions for students.
- Supervising the administration of the final exams, in coordination with the academic departments and the Deanship of Admission and Registration, and the overall supervision of the administration of tests in terms of room allocation and invigilation.
- Following up on the progress of the educational process, and preparing reports on the progress of study and academic performance in the college to submit to the dean of the college.
- Advising and counseling students, and resolving issues related to academic achievement
- Submitting periodical reports to the college dean on the progress of work at the units affiliated to the vice deanship, and the difficulties they face.
- Issuing and following up the implementation of internal and external circulars regarding students' affairs and tests.
- Following up on the completion of the statistics of students that come to the college, and returning them to the concerned authorities.
- Supervising the provision of educational equipment appropriate for the educational environment, ensuring that they are used for the educational process, and also supervising the upgrading of the educational facilities and laboratories.
- Proposing the formation of committees to regulate the work of the vice deanship.
- Following up student activities